race weekend September 19,20,21,22 in Austin

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back home from Europe, and sent my forms in on the 13th. Looking forward to meeting all of you. I'll be in the 2013 Viper:

Tony

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hospitality area should be a blast too. Bring your dusters. The parking area is miserable esp if rain and that is in the forecast but close to the grand stands. The team garages are close together and very fan friendly.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My COTA ALMS Packet came.

Circuit of Americas ALMS ticket/passes for two, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Approved Parking for Friday, Saturday and Sunday - Lot "A" Parking, which is the designated SRT Corral parking.
Schedule of weekend events.
Looks like there might be some scheduled autograph sessions - not sure if this includes the Pilots of our two GT Class Vipers. Would be nice if it does.
Also appears there will be some scheduled parade laps - but these appear to be reserved for the Corvette and Porsche car corrals.

Anyway, I'm very excited and am very much looking forward to this. Hope the weather holds. I think rain is forecast? Fingers crossed.

Will be at the hotel Thursday. Told you I could not wait ...

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, looks like rain all weekend. Oh well, my car has been wet before, and so have I. See you at the hotel Thurs. afternoon. Should arrive 3:30 or so. Art

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got an email that my tickets/package will be at Will-Call. We plan on attending the BBQ Friday night, we'll be arriving around then.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the BBQ going to be held?

Friday Texas BBQ dinner is included in the SW Zone Rendezvous registration, a separate function from the SRT registration. Did you sign up for the SW Zone event? PM me your name and everyone in your party and I will double check the list if you did not get an email. If you have not registered there unfortunately is a hefty late registration fee imposed by the eatery. It is all in the forms attached

Attachments

• 2013 Southwest Zone Rendezvous REGISTRATION.pdf
    466.8 KB · Views: 1
  • SRT ALMS COTA-RACE TICKET REGISTRATION.pdf
    346.9 KB · Views: 1

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will do my best to get the to Hotel by 4PM. Yvette will be a bite behind me in the Jeep arriving later that night. Our event shirts and such will be handed out Friday morning 8AM. We plan to start the drive approx. 9AM Friday.

Full list of details with routes and such will be emailed to everyone who registered by Wednesday morning. Have an event with Pennzoil tonight or I would get it out tonight.

This event was cheap to join but very pricey for all our sponsors, we have 108 people registered with more than 55 cars. I do not want to turn anyone away from the event but if you meet or see someone who has not registered please help me police that. It is not fair to the sponsors or the group as a whole. It will be easy to spot someone who does not have a 'ticket' to the SW Zone event, you will see Friday morning.

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am signed up for the event. I am not staying at the hotel where the event is being held , so most likely I will be meeting up with you at the track. I will be arriving in Austin probably early afternoon on Friday. won'
Friday Texas BBQ dinner is included in the SW Zone Rendezvous registration, a separate function from the SRT registration. Did you sign up for the SW Zone event? PM me your name and everyone in your party and I will double check the list if you did not get an email. If you have not registered there unfortunately is a hefty late registration fee imposed by the eatery. It is all in the forms attached

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our event shirts and such will be handed out Friday morning 8AM. It will be easy to spot someone who does not have a 'ticket' to the SW Zone event, you will see Friday morning.

What about for those of us registered, but showing up Friday evening? Will you have the shirts/packages/etc.. at the dinner?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about for those of us registered, but showing up Friday evening? Will you have the shirts/packages/etc.. at the dinner?

I don't know screen names to real names so I am assuming everyone is registered and has received a confirmation email of some sort. We will try and hand out most everything Friday morning if we can. Anything left over will be difficult to fit in the Viper on the way to the dinner spot, however it is only a mile or two from the hotel so before or after dinner we may be able to hand out the rest of the packages.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember getting an email asking what size shirt. Unfortunately, I shut off my internet at home and only have my phone. Emails only go back a week or two, so I have no way to check. PM sent

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember getting an email asking what size shirt. Unfortunately, I shut off my internet at home and only have my phone. Emails only go back a week or two, so I have no way to check. PM sent

You are on the list AJ. Please PM me a current email. details going out today.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, looks like rain all weekend. Oh well, my car has been wet before, and so have I. See you at the hotel Thurs. afternoon. Should arrive 3:30 or so. Art
RAIN? How about 80 percent thunderstorms all day Friday for the entire Texas south. Nothing new there but hey Sat and Sun. good forecast to clean up the mess and I noticed that the map shows the Viper and Vette coral together in the main paved area in front of the main grand stands. Taking the Durango on this journey. Too much stuff.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we can swap out the Friday Viper Drive with the Saturday Viper Drive, and vice-versa? Shorter one on Friday, and longer one on Saturday, when the weather is sure to be nicer?
Just a thought.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are looking at possible alternates for Friday.

We do not have parade laps out of a mix up with COTA. SRT demanded parade laps as part of the package and was told months ago no one was able to have them. The itinerary was a surprise to all. COTA screwed up plain and simple and has provided an alternate activity for SRT members. You will get your tickets for this alternate activity at the track when you sign in with SRT.

And yes parade laps are slow- if you want to experience COTA join a High Performance Driving School and really experience COTA- much better at 100+ than 55....

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That was an awesome weekend! Thanks again to Kurt and Yvette for setting everything up! Was tons of fun to meet you all and hang out. Looking forward to coming down again next year if things work out!

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was an awesome weekend! Thanks again to Kurt and Yvette for setting everything up! Was tons of fun to meet you all and hang out. Looking forward to coming down again next year if things work out!

I have to agree, thanks to Kurt and Yvette for all of their hard work. The entire event was a great experience.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was such a blast! Much thanks to the organizers, and SRT for the wonderful hospitality and special events.

Last edited:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve never been to an event like this before; but will certainly attend again and again if they come back to COTA each year.

I want to personally thank Kurt, his wife Yvette, and all the others that were behind the scenes and involved in putting this together. It was nothing short of awesome. My wife and I had the time of our lives. The work that went into making this happen did not go unnoticed. There was always a Plan B to compensate for in-climate weather , which brings up another couple I wish to express appreciation and thanks to - Ray and Leslie. They opened their house to all and the hospitality they showed was incredible, as was their house and “Garage”, where they store a “One of Four” Nürburgring Viper they own. It is a truly impressive and beautiful car. Again, thank you Ray and Leslie. You made Friday a spectacular day.

COTA was very supportive (I forgot my tickets for Saturday); and they made getting new tickets a breeze.
Parking for our Vipers also was great. They put us in our own asphalt top area, so our vehicles remained relatively clean despite the rain, which was only bad on Friday.

SRT was unbelievable in how they went about supporting us. Everything they did was “First Class”. The Support Team was phenomenal. The corvette club was to our immediate right – and the difference in the “Set-up” between the two hospitality tents (Actually, ours was a trailer) was like the difference in flying First Class and Economy; with SRT being First Class. We had a trailer, outside tables with umbrellas, and beverages and food that was exceptional. There was also an elevated deck from which to better view the track. The view was at the start-finish, and the first turn, which was awesome. Ralph and the Drivers were accessible throughout Friday and Saturday. I don’t think any other racing team is as approachable as the SRT group. Even their racing support staff were there to answer questions. As a Viper owner, I never thought I would actually be able to meet the SRT Viper drivers, and Ralph, let alone get to talk with them, have photos taken with them, and attain their autographs as well. For me, it was an unbelievable memorable moment – one that my wife and I will always cherish. My wife and I also got to meet Maurice. I have one of his books, and to meet the author, was nothing short of awesome.

I also want to thank Kurt and others working with him on this event, for the evening meals provided us Friday and Saturday at the Falcon Head Resort. It was a great location, very close to where we all were staying; and the cuisine both nights was excellent.

It was great meeting members from out of state. There is nothing like a bunch of Viper Owners gathered together in one location – sharing their experiences and love of the car. I’ve never met a Viper owner I didn’t like. Susanne and I had a blast meeting and conversing with everyone. Some of the stories were hilarious. Very good fun to be had by all.

Oklahoma: You guys and gals are … “Crazy” !!!!! (In a good way).

Thanks Kurt – you did a spectacular job putting this together.

Congratulations to the SRT Viper Drivers. You did great.

Thanks everyone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best event I've been to yet! Thanks especially to Kurt and Yvette. The entire weekend was first class!!! Art

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone we are glad everyone enjoyed it! The rain put a snag in the activities for Friday but Ray and Leslie pulled through offering their house for a mid afternoon party which was above and beyond cool! The rain did make for awesome race weather on Saturday, very thankful for that!

Best part of the weekend for us was just getting to know other Viper owners at the dinners each night and drinks at the hotel till the weee hours of the morning! Going to have to practice for my next drinking session with Oklahoma, maybe they brought in those near beers or something... :dunno:

Great people all around, great racing action, everyone at JR Thompson and SRT was better than could ever be imagined, welcoming us all in, feeding us and available for photos and stories at every turn. Was really something for them to trek all the way to Lakeway each night to visit with us at the dinners.

I hope the next event like this will come VERY soon, but if anyone else would like to volunteer for the job I won't complain! :D

We are planning our Christmas party right now if anyone would like to join, invites will be going out shortly. This is a no holds barred party, last year it lasted till 3AM in the lobby and 6AM in our suite. Will have a small auction and plenty of food and drinks in one of the nicest PGA tour spots in the nation. May as well make a golf weekend out of it if you would like. We are approximating tickets to be $90/person for this event which again is a steal as the cost per person just to eat is over $115/person.

Looking at the date of December 14th right now but details will go out soon, be great to have a huge turn out again!

One last time, THANK YOU ALL for all the compliments, can't tell you how much a simple thank you goes.

A special thank you as well to Maurice for the signed book and our own MikeG for the awesome bottle of Viper Jack Daniels!

We can't thank everyone enough for joining us on this event!

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oklahoma: You guys and gals are … “Crazy” !!!!! (In a good way).

Going to have to practice for my next drinking session with Oklahoma, maybe they brought in those near beers or something...

We just came to PARTY...No really, thank you Kurt for everything and our members had a fantastic time hanging out with our neighbors to the south.

We can't wait for another opportunity to meet up and DRIVE FAST!

Greg

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the great things about the Zone "Get-togethers" is meeting new and interesting people, that have at their heart, the same central interest - the Viper.

Greg, it was finally great to meet you, after communicating with you on-and-off, and off-and-on about a particular topic of mutual interest. My sincere thanks to you for coming thru and for bringing the JD Car Parts to the Zone Meet. Everything worked out fine in the end. The operative word being "Patience". Funny, but in an odd twist, you will now be a part of our forthcoming X-Mas Party this December.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss