Raced a 408 stroked C4 and 468rwhp Z today :)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went down to a huge gathering at Tobay beach today with tons of Porches, Vipers, Vettes, and Supras. It was fun meeting a couple local Viper owners :) Enough small talk lol, now to the fun part. Raced what was supposed to be a wicked fast C4 that traps 128mph that was on hoosiers road racing slicks :rolleyes: We went from 20mph in 1st, Wow, I was I shocked :D I got the jump on him good, and started to pull him in 1st and second when boom I missed 3rd :eek: So we line up again, same results, except this time I dont miss 3rd :D I started seeing the guy in my rearview mirrow and then smoke everywhere :( It looks like he blew his motor racing me, I guess that counts as my first literal kill lol :p
Next I line up with this turboed Z that dynoed at 468rwhp and 490tq, I'm like uh oh, I'm gonna get spanked ;) Nope, I get him everytime from 1st gear then I kept missing 3rd :eek: I finally found it and just kept pulling on him :D I dunno how I did it, but I pulled two rabbits out of my hat today :p My friends got most of it on videos and it should be up soon :p btw

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, sounds like you need to practice shifting, you are not alone!! congrats on the kill, and down goes the vette, again!

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know I've raced the Viper about 50xs already and it's always 3rd gear :eek: I think I might need a shorthrow shifter.
Fogot to mention I raced a red Rt10 3x I think it was second Gen that had exaust only and I took him everytime as well :D

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it but I was sick this past weekend. I saw the pictures and the cars that were there were truly exotics!

Now about those races, first off that C4 is pretty [******] fast for an NA. He is a nice guy too so I hate to see him blow the engine. I have some pretty good video of him that I filmed last year of him getting pulled hard by the car I was in. As for the 300Z I am very surprised you pulled him. I guess you are working each of those 407 horses to there limit. I like to see the lightly modded Viper’s holding there own. :usa: :D

The funny thing is my car feels like a complete slug. Now I cannot figure out if it is just me or do stock Viper’s “feel” slower than they really are. Maybe my new tubes and filters will help who knows.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think a stock Viper would easily pull that 490 TQ "Z". The viper has it's torque and hp come on MUCH quicker than that Z I would imagine. I would guess the Z, again, hits it's peak HP and TQ only for a split second at the top of each gear..

Nice kills!

Gerald

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is more surprised than me Aaron :D Btw I did get an extra 3 hp from removing my cats so I'm at a solid 410 :p
I agree with you Gerald, but I think my 3.55s had something to do with me spanking that Z lol

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is more surprised than me Aaron :D Btw I did get an extra 3 hp from removing my cats so I'm at a solid 410 :p
I agree with you Gerald, but I think my 3.55s had something to do with me spanking that Z lol

Well with the 3:55's, it would make your max tq and hp come on MUCH quicker, right? :laugh:

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess a more interesting question would be did you loose to anyone on Sunday?
No, but two weeks ago I got my butt handed to me by two 10second C5s :eek: I'm trying to set up a race between me and Eldiablo since he dynoed at 437 with just filters,and exaust. We did line up twice once me taking him by 1/2 car lengh and the other time him taking me, cause I stayed in 2nd gear while he took off in 1st. We will prob line up this wed ;)

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Set up the race and report back, inquiring minds want to know. :p

I wonder if Mark’s car was one of the Vette’s? His car is so [******] fast for the numbers it put down.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, did you seriously dyno pre and post cat delete and picked up 3????

tell me your joking around, uhhh, please, going to dyno mine in a few weeks!

Nice kills, max 1 time peak numbers have a hard time matching a Viper with it's crazy torque curve in my opinion......

take care,

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Try turning your hand over and grab the left hemisphere of shifter (little finger up on the top part of the shifter instead of your index finger). Works like magic, especially on the 4-3 downshift.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron it was Mark that spanked me silly lol.

Ryan I did gain only 3hp and 7tq :confused: then again it doesnt matter cause my car dynoed at 410rwhp and 448tq.

Eric do you mean my pinky on the center of the shifter?? I'm doing it now with the stock shifter I took out and it seems uncomfortable. Hmm I'm gonna try it, thanx for heads up.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric do you mean my pinky on the center of the shifter?? I'm doing it now with the stock shifter I took out and it seems uncomfortable. Hmm I'm gonna try it, thanx for heads up.
Actually, an easy trick is to tuck your right elbow close to your body as you move to shift from 2nd to 3rd. It assists with the "uphill/right" gate movement. I think you'll find this to be the easiest maneuver under "pressure".

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big part of the gain you get from removing the cats is the weight reduction. You lose a ton of extra weight! That makes you faster. Not to mention the heat in the footwells that goes away. I never have liked cats! lol

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rg I dont know really, I had Bill P put in the gears before I got the car :eek: I've drove Eldiablo's Viper with stock gears and it didnt feel that much slower lol. My last car had 4.10s so I knew that 3.07 were way too low for my liking. Only thing that sux is shifting to 5th at around 120mph :mad:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vids!

I'm guessing 300ZX when you say Z, correct? That is pretty [******] impressive walking that guy if his dyno #s are correct - great wins! :)

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah it was a zx and yes he did dyno that high, cause I saw the video. I'm so mad I missed 3rd that one run, cause I already had 2 cars lenghts after 2nd gear :D He wants a rematch cause he feels that he can take me on top :rolleyes: I have a feeling if we go to 165mph or so, it will be worse for him ;)