Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ ... ROADCOURSE!!!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just a tease! More to follow. VCA will have special CLUB STATUS! .... and by the way, as usual, Mopar Atlantic Nats will include our annual event which will INCLUDE THIS TRACK!!!!

You must be registered for see images

Open in the spring!!!!!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe what are the Nationals event days for 02 and will there be a rendevious in 02? My schedule is filling up fast.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's usually the first weekend in June. I'll find out shortly.

We will be having our annual event. I don't believe there will be "official Zone Rendezvous" this year, as the focus will be on VOI.7... but as you know, ALL REGIONS ARE INVITED TO OUR RACEWAY PARK EVENT!

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

Is that going to be time trial only. Looks too small (narrow) for multi car action. Will it be ready by the spring when E-Town opens back up. I can't wait.

Phil

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Approx 1.4 miles long, 40-50 foot wide!

Here's another idea I had, and e-mailed our friends at Raceway Park with the idea:

You must be registered for see images

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joe,
don't forget to count me in...i am ready. please keep me informed of track days...

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like if a car lost control on a few of those turns, it would run into oncoming traffic. Don’t they need dividers of some sort?

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
There will definitely be safety rails AND tire walls. The design was built to avoid any contact with immobile objects (SCCA), and I was told that it's a very tricky course. There are also elevation changes (and a banked turn..upper left of picture) that add thrills!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes! Latest update is that we officially have VIPER STRAIGHT!

This will surely allow our drivers to have a bit less stress as they now do not participate in that very tight carousel section.

Raceway park has some very heavy municipal issues to straighten out before they can announce the opening, so expect at least another 6 months before you hear anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine