Racing school for SRT10?

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in a driving or racing school to learn how to get max out of my SRT.
I would like actual driving in SRT but would not be mandatory.
Anyone have any suggestions on what driving schools offer to best experience?
thanks
larry

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Days offers 2-3 days of Viper specific instruction, the vendors that offer advise and upgrades for your car and races by the guys in the Comp Coupes and properly modified Gen 1/11 cars. Additionally, there's a bunch of other folks with Vipers that will be very happy to help however they can. The social activities after track hours is pretty nice too. It's also much less than Barber and the rest. Viper Days is very hard to beat.

Cheers,
Jim

g3173

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Larry,

I just took the 1 Day Driving school yesterday from Skip Barber which ended with us autocrossing their SRT-10! It was a blast. They also offer a 2 day high performace class which you only drive in their SRT-10, but the 1 Day class is a prerequisite. I highly recommend the class and is probably one of the best ways to truly get more out of your viper!

Regards,
Gene

Reaction score
Skip Barber uses SRT10'S in their performance driving program.
VCA members get a 25% discount on the two day school and 10% on all other programs.

Start with the two day school then Car Control then the three day racing school.

Our region arranges a Skip Barber school for VCA Members. This is a one day school with a lot of Viper seat time.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, Viper Days is the way to go. :2tu: I went to my first one last year(MidAmerica)when the car had less than a thousand miles. I just did my fourth event last weekend. I will be doing four more this year. Viper Days will be at Mid-America in Council Bluffs Iowa next weekend. They offer a hard top for rental at the track so all you would have to do to the car would be to install six point harnesses (the harnesses can be installed at the track by one of the vendors there but make sure you order them ahead of time to be sure they would have the correct set in stock) in order to be able to run your own car at Viper Days. Visit their web site @ www.viperdays.com or call Courtney Thomas @ 847-594-8477 or call me 847-336-1321(days) V.D. is only $665 for VCA members and I think as a first time rookie you get a $50.00 discount. MidAmerica is a very safe track. If you can't make it to Iowa there will also be a V.D. event right after VOI8 plus others, check out their web site.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Viper Days is a blast and there is one coming up on May 15-16. Check with the Viper Days folks about the requirements ( www.viperdays.com ) . Another great place to visit is Racingschools.com ( 877-463-7223 ) as they represent tons of schools and they can discuss your needs and find what would best suit them.

School is great idea and congrats on your beast.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Mike Pettiford at Go4It racing school.

http://www.go4itservices.com/

It's one on one personal instruction from a very good teacher. I like the fact that the classes are tailored to my needs, and that I spend most of the time in the car, going around the track.

I would highly recommend Mike. Worth the drive to Colorado (lots of his clients are from out of state.)

Kai

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adding to Fred's comment, I took the Viper Club day at Skip Barber Laguna Seca on April 8th. I later compared notes with other people who took the same one day course. The Viper Club organized day definitely spent more seat time in the SRT Vipers.

Absolutely worth the money and time, and besides the Viper seat time, the trucks on the wet skid pad, and the Neons combine to create a better foundation.

Did some informal "racing" on some twisty mountains about a week ago, and what I learned at Barber came in very handy.

Larry

Reaction score
Learn your limit and the SRT10's limits in "Their Car"

I also feel that Viper Days is the best run open track event in the World with outstanding Track side support from Archer's John and Bobby and others.

Want to be instructed by guys who instruct and race for a living everyday? Contact Skip Barber and take their Two Day School for as a staring point. Lose control and smoke their tires, in their cars, in a safe venue. Continue your learning experience with more driving school programs, Viper Days and or autocross events. I enjoy Viper Days programs, support and wonderful comradery. This is a opportunity to drive your car on a race track within your skill limitations. And along with this extreme pleasure goes an equivalent level of risk.