Radiator Fan Fuse/Relay 95 RT/10

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the fuse and relay are the for the radiator fan and what signals it to turn on?

Does it have a sensor or does the ecu turn it on?

Thanks a lot!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The fan relays are on the passenger side under the hood, under the HVAC blower, and behind the A/C dryer.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no fuse (fused link instead) for the fan. First I would check the relay under the passenger side heater air box, that was the culprit on my fan failure a couple years back. You can jumper with a paper clip between relay pin # 87 (high speed fan) or pin # 87Q to pin 30 12 Volts, hot all the time. If pin 30 is not hot all the time check the fused links on drivers side from battery.

I have a 95 and just recently had a problem with my fan not working. After monkeying with it for several hours, i just bought Roe Racings fan kit (125$) which bypasses the factory relays and power source to turn the fan on and off based on a pre programmed temp / setting. Worked great.

Good luck with it as it can be a pain. More and likely it is a relay though, which Dodge no longer sells. But you can get it at Napa for about $15. Ed

This may be helpful too.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...Fan-not-working-Any-tips-or-ideas-appreciated.

Last edited:

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also went with the Roe Racing kit on my 95. It works great and was a fast fix for the problem.