Radio Noise? Where to look??

J ACR2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My radio has an electronic buzzz on AM and Fm. Where should I Check for problem ?? Amp, speakers, head unit, wiring??? Testing procedures?? help:dunno:

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aftermarket stereo? If so, I would retrace the wires and see if any are crossing. Make sure the power wires are run on the opposite side of the car from the audio wires.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All the sudden I have the same problem. Noise when the stereo is on and gets louder when I turn up the volume. No change with rpm. Also the preset's won't set either. Just had the battery cables off too, everything is on tight. Is there a stereo reset or something I am not aware of? Thanks for any help.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radio? What radio? You mean besides the exhaust note? A RADIO? Some kind of electronic sound system? Yes I have noticed the clock thing where time seems to pass far too quickly. I must look into the owners manual. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a serious note there is a wire connected to the cowel in front of the windshield to deaden engine noise to the radio. I do not have the stock cowel and the connection lays limp with no noticible radio problems. GTS Bruce