Raffle ACR is for sale!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw that Robert Weaver has put the Raffle winning Blue/white ACR up for sale. Man I love that color combo. It has no price listed, but I'm guessing I can't afford it. One of you deep pocket guys though......

<FONT COLOR="red">Added by Vipermad: SEE IT HERE! </FONT c>

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Well he might have a change of heart, as he hasn't even gotten it yet."

It's like an ***** mother, get it adopted before you get attached.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Legally, by the State of Michigan Gaming Board, the is no such thing as an "out-the-door raffle". If we do it once, that would bring an end to all future raffles.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really liked the color combo etc.... and were not worried about originality, sell it for 90K, buy a used ACR, pait it blue and add the stripes, take the extra 20-25K and save taht for tires/upgrades.

Though I'd keep it.

Craig

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, Question: Has any winner of a Viper raffle car kept it for any length of time?

I am very certain the previous raffle winner sold it to a Viper Club officer.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;&lt;I am very certain the previous raffle winner sold it to a Viper Club officer&gt;&gt;: Was this the "Rollin' on the River" Viper?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick:
In all seriousness, though, why would someone buy a raffle ticket for such a gorgeous machine, and then sell it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If I had won, I would have considered any serious offers. I don't need a one-of-a-kind, I'd be happy with the exchange of a new GTS and extra $ for the raffle car so there'd be no tax issues.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thats almost a crime. Finally someone from Delaware wins something and it gets sold a few days later. Oh well, my envy goes out to the new owner.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pauls:
If he is like me probably couldn't afford the taxes. We need an out the door raffle!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or move up here to ontario.

We wouldn't have to pay a cent on it. same goes with provincial lotteries etc...

one of the few benefits.

Craig

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe if I raided the retirement account(who needs it anyway I'd probably kill myself anyway driving like a madman), and pulled a little equity out of the house.......
Likely the wife would have other ideas though. I can dream can't I?
laugh.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well the fed charges something like 28% on all "won" objects such as lotto and raffles. If I have won it I would have been forced to sell it because (assmuing a $80,000 pricetag) I don't have $17,500 that I could possible free up. However if I sold it I could have the taxes paid off and have a nice mostly new gts sitting in my driveway free and clear.

I think its a sad thing when our government punishes us for winning something so beautiful.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seriously doubt if it's a tax thing- most likely he just doesn't need two Vipers at one time. And the raffle car should bring a premium in the marketplace. You think he would sell it to me at $500 over invoice like some of the dealers? Bwaaahaahaa

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
Hopefully it will go to someone who will make a great drag car out of it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully it will come to ME! If he doesn't get crazy w/ the #'s. I've always loved that color!

Rudeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as the winner of last year's raffle, I can tell you that the taxes, titling (8.x% state sales tax), registration, total well over 30K. But that's still the cheapest new ACR :)

Keep in mind that the value of the car comes as a W2-G so it bumps your total income surely into the next tax bracket. I'm losing deductions too.

The thing is, I knew all this when I bought the raffle ticket.

I'm keeping the car. Drove it yesterday to a Viper Club event and am just about to go for a drive right now :)

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

I contacted Robert about the car when he put it up for sale a month or so ago. Suffice it to say that it was priced at over $95k(in respect to Robert I will not disclose the actual price).It is a truly beautiful car!

CStegall

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a one of a kind and if re-sold outside of the area that it was awarded in will their be shipping charges? Will you save on the gas guz tax? either way if he holds it as long as possible files for a tax extention (if possible) he should be able to get full invoice plus $5000.00. If I didnt have my 01 and waiting for the 03 I would be very interested. Yes me and almost every Viper owner I am sure.
Just don't sell it to fast, hold it, touch it and it will be yours for a long time. If you already own, sell the older and use that for the taxes

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With brand new ones going for close to dealer invoice-$80K- it seems like a $15k bump for a one-off color is a bit steep. It's a great combo. But in all fairness, unless you have $$$ to burn, it won't make sense at that price point.
As I quoted in my earlier post- if he is willing to go at $500 over invoice I'll raid the retirement fund- wife be damned!

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw the car at CAAP on March 15, very pretty ACR but the stripes
would have looked better in white, still, I'd take it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala