Random High Idle / Sticking Idle - <master thread>

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Random High Idle / Sticking Idle - &amp;lt;master thread&amp;gt;

OK vprtk, since you know what is going on, how about this: why does the Mopar Performance PCM stop idle hang (at least on my car). My thought was that it had to do with the lack of codes the Mopar PCM pulls and that whatever was bothering regular PCMs does not matter to the Mopar PCM.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greetings,

Is my problem fixed? After installing the $4 part, my problem went away. But it did come back ONE time in two months.

So I am not ready to say if the fix is 100% yet, but it has been 2 months! My problem is normally bad when the weather drops below 60 degrees. That should be soon. If I have no further problems, it will be fixed.

I have replaced the throttle cable, synced the TBs, IAC, TPS....none of that worked.

There have been some reports of "random vacuum leaks". Many of these are from the high heat in the engine compartment causing rubber hose issues. Then when the AC thread started.... I thought "could this be the vacuum leak and causing high idle?". So far it has pretty much fixed my problem.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This thread will not die for a while but my idle is now fixed!! Put new throttle bodies on, synced them and no more hang. God it feels good to pull up to a red light and not have the motor revving at 1400rpm's.