RE: Nevada Front Plate Law

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys dose anyone know if Nevada has, or enforces a front plate law.I have enough stuff to carry , than to carry my front plate around .I would rather leave it home. RICK

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not run one for years and never any problems on any of my cars. But I can't say for sure we have one.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its very unusual to have one state enforce another state's laws such as that. In any event, its pretty easy to keep the bare plate and a couple of zip-ties next to the spare tire, and zip tie it on if an officer calls you on it. (I keep the front plate and the aforementioned zip ties in my trunk at all times anyway, in case one of CA's finest wants to say something about it).

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL...

The funny thing is in AZ, they only give you 1 plate. So even if we wanted to, we don't have another plate for the front...

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of this year, if the car doesn't have a pocket/holder on the front, they can't/won't cite you. That said, I've been here twelve years, and never had a front plate on any car. Unless you are being a ****, I've never known anyone to get a ticket simply for no front plate.
:)
In other words, don't sweat it.
;)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam's right - I've never run a front plate on any of my cars in Nevada (been here over 7 years) and I've never had a problem.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys,that's what I wanted to hear .Couple of our club member in New Hampshire,got pulled over and it is a $150.00 fine .When you said it doesn't have a pocket don't sweat it ,when he fought in court, they actually told him the part # for it and then he had to pay the ticket.When the party starts look me up YELLOH.Thank Rick

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its very unusual to have one state enforce another state's laws such as that. In any event, its pretty easy to keep the bare plate and a couple of zip-ties next to the spare tire, and zip tie it on if an officer calls you on it. (I keep the front plate and the aforementioned zip ties in my trunk at all times anyway, in case one of CA's finest wants to say something about it).

Agree with Randy. It would be highly unusual for law enforcement to stop an out of state vehicle regarding front plate usage. Its very very unlikely that they would even know if the vehicle's home state was a one or two plate state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21