Re-post: 17

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal choice - for me having seen both I'd go for the 18's,
either way they would both have to come from US, so be prepared for a wait. Better handling and lower profile on tyres as you mentioned from the 18's.

Rather nice of the dealer to offer this when the wheels are about
£3k plus tyres,shipping and VAT

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to "not" answer your question but it is truly a personal choice. I personally prefer the 97 wheels as I put them on my 95 RT/10. The newer 18" are to "smooth" for my liking.

Bill Brennan [email protected]
93 RX-7 504 RWHP 95 Viper RT/10 88 convertible RX-7, 00 CLK 430 chennoworth 4wdl turbo sand rail 72 Supercharged Mini Cooper 2002 Lexus SC 430
and a whole bunch of harleys.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion the older 17" are much better looking but if you ever are considering upgrading to larger front rotors the 18" will allow you to do this. I suppose you will have to pay for the new tires if you go with 18" wheels...

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations "Old Rascal" on becoming a Viper owner, it will be one of the best things you've ever done, loads of fun. Look forwards to meeting you and your Viper, I too have a '97 GTS.

I would like to buy the old wheels off your GTS please! Could you ask the dealer if they would like to sell them to me please? My email is [email protected] I live in Bath, Somerset.
cool.gif

The '98 GTS wheels are the same to look at (I prefer this look with deeper dish and center cap) but apparently have a better finish. Damp gets under the lacquer and corrodes the aluminum. Mine are bad too, my dealer won't replace them, it went to Chrysler UK under the 6 year anti corrosion warranty...and they said no! (?)
pissed.gif

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd pay the difference and go for the 18" BBS /R and /ACR wheels. Stunning and unique appearance; allows for bigger rotors which the Viper so desperately needs. I'd also want to keep the OEM wheels to return the vehicle to stock if need be.