Real Front of 2013 Viper - See photo

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother made some lines on it with paint.... unfortunatly not the best graphic quality... but it shows some more details ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm ok with that crosshair. If you guys remember the gen I/II Shelby edition Vipers that were put together didn't have them, they were cut out and made the car look like a whale shark.

The bits that disappoint me are the headlights and the placement of the louvers in the hood. Please do not put some Ferrari design goon in charge of the 2013. If it wasn't for the cross hairs and the naca duct in the center I'd pretty much call this thing a 599 GTB. I'm sure the louvers are nose forward on the car for a heat/aero reason but ehhh...looks weird.

BTW take a look at where the hood ends and the door begins. That's some serious space for the door hinge to be able to be seen! I think the sides are going to be rounded off like a gen I/II similar to that drawing in Viper Magazine.

--RS

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice that one of the Gen V mule's has slotted rotors, and the other appears to have the Gen III/IV brakes.

No aluminum hats :(.

(
You must be registered for see images attach

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the point of driving around with a thinly disguised new front end on an obvious Viper?
It's not like they are testing something. Is it just being transported from one place to another?
If so, why not enclosed?

Is this an intentional "secret" spy shot? I can see it at a closed course or a race track, but at Mom and Pops's fillin' station?
Could they make it any more obviously a disguised Viper?

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My guess is these cars have the Gen V engine in them, which would need the Gen V front clip.

Another guess here, if the entire front clips are on mule cars they are probably testing something that needs to be ran through a bit more long term daily driving cycles? Perhaps cooling? Fuel economy?

Just my $0.02

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's remember, it's not just mom and pop's gas station, it's mom and pop's gas station in Death Valley.

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's remember, it's not just mom and pop's gas station, it's mom and pop's gas station in Death Valley.

Exactly. I'd bet my lunch money that is an entire GenV front clip with motor and possibly trans. Targeting some kind of cooling related testing.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the point of driving around with a thinly disguised new front end on an obvious Viper?
It's not like they are testing something. Is it just being transported from one place to another?
If so, why not enclosed?

Is this an intentional "secret" spy shot? I can see it at a closed course or a race track, but at Mom and Pops's fillin' station?
Could they make it any more obviously a disguised Viper?

While it seems somewhat silly Jon but everyone needs to do some long term open road testing at one point or another. Not intentional at all, there all legit spy photographers. (look at the red vert, people in the Vette are taking pictures of the photographers snappin' away at the Viper. LOL )

Although I'm really impressed with just how long it's taken them to get shots. VOI was quite a while ago, the fact that VOI members got to see a clay version and how long it's been under wraps is pretty damn cool. Nobody spilled any major beans or took any photos while they were there, instead alot of people that went to VOI came back here and tried their hardest to explain the design using their photo imaginations. It's pretty difficult these days in the music business to get a album out before it 'leaks' on the internet. You'll be lucky it leaks 3 days prior to a release date, I'd the Viper program is pretty damn good.

Besides. All we've seen is the front end. What about the rest of it?

--RS

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the idea is to keep a lid on it for as long as possible so that the competitions doesn't start knocking off their ideas to soon.

Remember when the Gen III came out in 8/2002 with the rear defuser? No other cars had them and now their on SUV's. I think the Enzo was the next car that put them on.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those ARE NOT the same headlights as the gen 3 and gen 4...

Anyone else notice the hood pins?

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dodge Viper SPY PICS maybe..?

Found this on autoblog..

anyone care to take a hint to whats going on..maybe a test mule..?

anyway here are the pics

You must be registered for see images

sorry if it's a repost

What are the do-dads with wires sticking out of them, on top of trink and lower right bumper??

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found these on the Web

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of us that saw the new Viper at VOI 11, we could have gone to a bar afterwards and sketched it, however I like that Ralph makes our club insiders to not only the new Viper, but the other finished products he showed up with for us to see, sit in and feel.

Also, I don't want to be long known as the "******" who's remembered as the guy who leaked how great the new Viper looks and pre-empt us from future sneak peeks! Trust me, none of these pics do the new Viper justice!

Regards,
Aaron

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not too late SRT! Please ditch the daytime running LEDs. That is merely a fad. Don't be a follower!

I like that the front end is wider..I just hope they fix their mistake with the Gen III/IV and make the rear much more aggressive and wider. A wide front needs an even wider and more aggressive rear to balance it out. Look at how much better the Z06 and ZR1 look than the plain corvette. That extra stance makes it a whole new car.

And if the front looks anything like the blue concept drawing the new Viper is doomed.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Volado Design renderings posted above, in my opinion, are stunning. Everything that makes a Viper is included and at the same time the next step for the car. World class concept. Wishful thinking, don't know how practical/profitable it would be to produce.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an FYI, the Vette in the spy shots is our very own Maurice Liang. :D And yes, they were testing the Vipers in 116 degree weather.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok I have a question, whats the gen V logo going to be called? we have sneaky pete for gen 1/2 and fangs for gen 3/4 whats 5?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32