Real Front of 2013 Viper - See photo

Pappa Prich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of us that saw the new Viper at VOI 11, we could have gone to a bar afterwards and sketched it, however I like that Ralph makes our club insiders to not only the new Viper, but the other finished products he showed up with for us to see, sit in and feel.

Also, I don't want to be long known as the "******" who's remembered as the guy who leaked how great the new Viper looks and pre-empt us from future sneak peeks! Trust me, none of these pics do the new Viper justice!

Regards,
Aaron

Thank you for not -- but that is very good to hear!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well you know what, Viper has NEVER made a crappy year so I have faith, not sure if im a fan of all the new "aids" but im sure it will be awesome, in my opinion NO CAR has the track record of the viper.

Hell I remember when the gen 3 came out, 80% of the club didnt like it (myself included) now look, most of us own or have owned one.

the viper is the best car ever made in my opinion, not only that we have the best club out there with awesome members who REALLY want to help eachother out and look out for one another, not to mention some of the best techs and vendors money can buy.

I know alot of you guys are businessmen and would sell your viper if you were offered enough, im not the same way, because I have such a terrible case of OCD, I get obsessed and honestly could not sell my snake for 10 million if someone offered it lol

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well you know what, Viper has NEVER made a crappy year so I have faith, not sure if im a fan of all the new "aids" but im sure it will be awesome, in my opinion NO CAR has the track record of the viper.

Hell I remember when the gen 3 came out, 80% of the club didnt like it (myself included) now look, most of us own or have owned one.

the viper is the best car ever made in my opinion, not only that we have the best club out there with awesome members who REALLY want to help eachother out and look out for one another, not to mention some of the best techs and vendors money can buy.

I know alot of you guys are businessmen and would sell your viper if you were offered enough, im not the same way, because I have such a terrible case of OCD, I get obsessed and honestly could not sell my snake for 10 million if someone offered it lol

I'll bet you'd sell Viper for a 10 Million and they buy one Viper for every year they were made. :rolaugh:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get obsessed and honestly could not sell my snake for 10 million if someone offered it lol

You might be surprised how soon you get over the loss of your "old clunker" when a shiny new one shows up in front of your house.
I had my first Viper (98 GTS) for five years and didn't shed a single tear when a '09 ACR showed up to take it's place.
Cya....................Bye bye.............:D :D :D

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wish I could do that, your right I could buy 1 of every viper for 10 mil but I couldnt do it, the obsession is way to strong lol (im damaged goods)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man, I've been thinking the same thing about the Gen5, I remember those days - "it looks just like a s2000 Honda", they blew it, yuck, yada yada. Hey, I even let my pre-order on my 03 go with all the negative hoopla on it, then I saw one at the Baltimore car show, and started kicking myself for letting mine go ... ended up buying one a yr later. Go figure.

I have faith too, both in the viper and in the viper-guys who have seen the pre-release model & are saying it's good. Meanwhile, I luvs my Gen4, and it does not look like a S2000 Honda. lol

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be surprised how soon you get over the loss of your "old clunker" when a shiny new one shows up in front of your house.
I had my first Viper (98 GTS) for five years and didn't shed a single tear when a '09 ACR showed up to take it's place.
Cya....................Bye bye.............:D :D :D

Yes, I agree - we are adaptable creatures!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly..Viper is awesome period..

-1992 changed the world and was the first real american exotic car
-1996 set the world on fire with multiple magazine runs of 11.9-12.3 at 116-120 mph!!!!!!!
-2003 added even more power with 11.7 at 123 mph runs plus a actual working rag top and world class hgandling and brakes to an already world class track car
-2008 and a redesighned hood to make the beaste even more eye catching with even more power

They cant really mess this thing up...anytime your spending 100K or less and getting a car that can run the quartermile with 300K Italions or beat anything under 400K on a road course..Plus has exotic status. Plus is rarer than a gallardo. Plus has the largest production engine available.

Your getting a good deal!

Looks like they went with a slightly smaller grill and cues from the gen2 air duct plus current year supercar style vented hood. Also looks like the hood will open gen2 style from what Im seeing. This thing is gonna be a 10 second at 135 mph beaste with drop dead gorgeos looks and a nicer interior...Cant wait!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the mock-up in SLC from VOI11, at least the front, of course. Thought you guys and gals would be happy as it looks as though a clamshell or a partial clam shell hood is intact on this spy shot. The leather unclips just aft the front tires and that allows access to the engine. There is NO hood lines in the Leather clad, so if you wanted access to the engine, with a traditional hood, you would have to take the whole front cladding off, not likely for testing. This one does not have it so it looks like a clam is in our future. Also if this is engine and drivetrain testing, we are looking at side exhaust too, otherwise they would be routing it out back.

Trust me, the front end, if like at VOI11, without all that cladding is one of the most beautiful front end cars ever produced. It is simply stunning and mean looking.

No shots here of the rear but if you want to know what it sort of looks like, it is the Austin Martin 77-One. Wide swoopy and again mean. I have not seen the sides of any mock-ups but that is what has me the most interested as that was the only part of the VOI11 car I did not pop a chubby on. Well that and the rims, I just threw up in my mouth a little remembering those rims. I think they took all my good memories away.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, anyone figure out where that photo was shot? I live a short distance from the Yucca Proving Grounds and although it looks like the Mohave Desert, I have no idea where that was taken. I have been on the lookout for the mules but have yet to see one....although I know they are at Yucca since that is the Dodge/Chrysler proving grounds in the Southwest.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judging by all the license plates of the bystander vehicles, it is clearly California. Looks like I need to keep a look out in Colorado then as high altitude testing will also be on that list as well. Hopefully the mules out here have the new sides or back slapped on them. :) I know I personally saw the SLS in it's leather clad a year before they came out and yes it was slapped on a GEN III frame or had an SLS frame but a GEN III body dropped on it. I do know what hidden hotel most of these manufacturers use when they are out here, but that wouldn't be right to say.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the GenIII/IV from the beginning, but IMO it never lived up to the reputation of the Gen I/II. Within Viper enthusiasts it did, but amongst the general public it didn't. The Gen III/IV lost its roots. It lost that low slung curvacious look. I hope they return to that exotic look with the GenV.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its death valley. Specifically where in death valley I have no idea.