Real life Tomahawk!! (pics)

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The parents just got back from Bikeweek in Daytona and brought back some pics of a Boss Hoss with a 505 Viper V-10. What a ride this thing must be!

You must be registered for see images

:usa: Nick :usa:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Why would you need NOS, on a bike that weighs about 750 pounds, and already has 505 horsepower? Its kinda ungainly looking, but gets points for being severely outrageous.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Imagine using that bike to its potential? Hell, I can't handle this kind of power on 4 wheels, let alone 2. Sure seems like a fast ticket to death. Speaking of death, they are reporting this years daytona is one of the deadliest. At least 12 bikers died in crashes and over 125 crashes so far.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine using that bike to its potential? Hell, I can't handle this kind of power on 4 wheels, let alone 2. Sure seems like a fast ticket to death. Speaking of death, they are reporting this years daytona is one of the deadliest. At least 12 bikers died in crashes and over 125 crashes so far.

I'm sure it's because of the huge influx of idiots that have no business being ON a motorcycle lately. Thanks to Jesse James, the OCC, and all the stupid Lawrence Fishburn bike "gang" movies, I see idiots of all build, sex and colors on two wheels trying to look cool nowadays. :rolleyes:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I want to know who has the bigest, I talking biggest pair of balls to just crack that wide open throttle at 90 mph. Sure any of us can putt that around at 1/4 throttle. I takes a huge set to rip it wide open and not let off until its topped out in every gear. Thats my fckin hero right there.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I want to know who has the bigest, I talking biggest pair of balls to just crack that wide open throttle at 90 mph. Sure any of us can putt that around at 1/4 throttle. I takes a huge set to rip it wide open and not let off until its topped out in every gear. Thats my fckin hero right there.

Agreed. I would love to see someone take off on that but most likely, they would kill themselves. Amazing bike. Weren't there only 5 or something at $500,000 a piece? I know Jay Leno got one.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed. I would love to see someone take off on that but most likely, they would kill themselves. Amazing bike. Weren't there only 5 or something at $500,000 a piece? I know Jay Leno got one.

Well that's what I want to damn well see. Someone take off at WOT in every gear till topped out and not kill themselves. Any idiot can kill themself! Just give some drunken jacka$$ your Viper keys.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well that's what I want to damn well see. Someone take off at WOT in every gear till topped out and not kill themselves. Any idiot can kill themself! Just give some drunken jacka$$ your Viper keys.

At that kind of pull, your hands will need to be tied to the handlebars to stay on. Geez... there's NOTHING that can save you if you scrub under those conditions. :eek:

I't'd be cool to see though.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the motor and frame size and design is so much bigger the back tire size and look doesn't work.I also think the handle bars/frame should be chromed.They should have bolted two of those together,similar to
concept tomahawk and trimed down the radiator(more custom design)for $500 price tag.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the motor and frame size and design is so much bigger the back tire size and look doesn't work.I also think the handle bars/frame should be chromed.They should have bolted two of those together,similar to
concept tomahawk and trimed down the radiator(more custom design)for $500 price tag.

Agreed... the looks aren't all there (actually pretty darn ugly), but I commend their efforts. btw, the Tomahawk is no longer "concept". You can get one, but it's labled as a work of art, and NOT for riding, seeing how DC doesn't want to be responsible when you kill yourself on it.

Maybe if the babies here boo hoo about traction control for it... :D

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it's because of the huge influx of idiots that have no business being ON a motorcycle lately. Thanks to Jesse James, the OCC, and all the stupid Lawrence Fishburn bike "gang" movies, I see idiots of all build, sex and colors on two wheels trying to look cool nowadays. :rolleyes:

On my way through FL on 95 last week, I was in the left lane in traffic and TWICE I was passed on the left. I saw what they were doing before they passed, but damn...if I wasn't paying attention I could have moved to the left and that would have been two more bike incidents.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you need NOS, on a bike that weighs about 750 pounds, and already has 505 horsepower? Its kinda ungainly looking, but gets points for being severely outrageous.

There is a guy in New Orleans that has a Boss Hos w/ a Chevy 572ci (620hp) and a 8-71 blower sitting on top. :eek: I'd imagine that bike making close to 1000hp on pump gas, he said anything more than half throttle and the tire just spins. Well... DUH. He did say it was more show than anything, but does ride the bike fairly often. :cool:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second generation Tomahawks were being designed with one front wheel btw. Don't know what they finally decided on.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the the original Tomahawk in 2003 with, I believe, the builder on board.
813Bike_Builder-med.jpg
[/image]

My other half on it at the 2003 Mid-West Rendezvous.

813Image007-med.jpg

Steve

rebelsurveyor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saint,
They did have 1:18 scale diecast available through the Dodge website for some something like $10.00. I picked one up about a year ago.
Evan

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my wife and I riding the Tomahawk in fantasy land (the only place I would ever ride that thing). Cracking the throttle while sitting on it was enough for me.

498100_0393-med.JPG

498100_0394-med.JPG

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, the builder of the Viper bike you have the pic of is Tony. You can locate him here: http://www.kentuckianabosshoss.com
It is NOT a one of a kind bike...Tony will build you one customized to your specs. They are absolutely stunning, and I am sure it is easy to ride. I have owned and ridden Boss Hosses for years now, and I average 20,000-25,000 miles a year on mine. I have never had the honor of riding the Viper bike, but my Boss with 385 HP ZZ4 built Chevy smallblock is an awesome ride. I ride all over the U.S., and also ride the twisties all the time. I ride year-round, rain, sun, heat, winter, etc. They are wonderful bikes to ride, and actually handle easier and better than most cruisers. Power is in your hands. You never have a problem passing, spinning, playing, etc., and I average 27-30 MPG out on the highway. They are extremely well balanced with a low center of gravity. I LOVE my '97 blue/white GTS...but for awesome power and the biggest blast you have ever felt..go test ride a Boss Hoss. But be prepared...if you ride..you WILL buy. Yes, they are that sweet. If you have any question, please feel free to ask, as I have ridden many, many thousands of miles on Bosses, and am preparing for a 2000+ mile round trip to the Florida Keys in 3 weeks. Here is a pic of my 385HP Boss Hoss:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte