Really stupid question

Daston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok not got a viper (will be in the market for one in the spring). A thought has just come to me (really board in work) the Gen 1 does not have door handles and you have to open the door by reaching through the window. Now what happens if you have the hard top and side windows in place. Surly you cant just un pop the side windows or roof as that would cause a bit of a risk to people wanting to steal your pride and joy. Do you have to fit one of those gizmos that cause the door to open when you press the button on the key fob? Or is it really obvious when you actualy have a viper :D

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side windows either unzip (stock windows) or they slide open (after market). Some after market sliding windows can be locked also. Hope that helps.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, no questions are stupid...how else do we learn if we don't ask? And, it's a good question!! I'm sure a GenI owner will chime in! ~juli
(Hope you get your Viper in the Spring!)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok not got a viper (will be in the market for one in the spring). A thought has just come to me (really board in work) the Gen 1 does not have door handles and you have to open the door by reaching through the window. Now what happens if you have the hard top and side windows in place. Surly you cant just un pop the side windows or roof as that would cause a bit of a risk to people wanting to steal your pride and joy. Do you have to fit one of those gizmos that cause the door to open when you press the button on the key fob? Or is it really obvious when you actualy have a viper :D

Not a Gen-1 owner, but really if you think about it, having the top on and windows that are openable (if that's a word) from the outside is no different than having the top off, or any convertible having the top down for that matter. I suspect the answer to your question is yes, if you have top/windows on, you just reach in through the window to pop the door.

Welcome to the site, BTW. :)

OP
OP
D

Daston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mmmm your a bad man lol

need to sell my supra first tho and thats due to have a load of body work done to it before selling, should be the only one in the UK after its done (I was going to keep it until I saw the prices on Vipers!). At first I was looking for a Red one but yellow with black stripes is really growing on me.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OEM windows unzip. i have not had windows or top on car since i bought it this year. i was going to have a kill switch installed because i am nervous leaving it anywhere. bottom line is if someone wants to steal this car (windows or not) or any car for that matter, they can. a piece of glass or a little canvas will not stop a determined thief. the kill switch is good because even if they get in the car, they are not driving it anywhere.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mmmm your a bad man lol

need to sell my supra first tho and thats due to have a load of body work done to it before selling, should be the only one in the UK after its done (I was going to keep it until I saw the prices on Vipers!). At first I was looking for a Red one but yellow with black stripes is really growing on me.

Venomiss would technically be a bad woman (don't tell her hubby I said that though! :D), but yeah..the classifieds here are tough to look at when you're months away from actually making a purchase, aren't they?

As for your taste in color, GOOD MAN!

Here's a little more eye candy for ya if yellow/black interests you:

Triplets

:D

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the factory alarm is still active it has starter kill built in, so if a door is opened when the alarm is armed the parking lights will flash,horn honks and even if you use the key the motor will not turn over until you disarm it.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mmmm your a bad man lol

Red cars are the fastest! With stripes even FASTER!

G

grcforce327

I have a hardtop and hard windows(no vents) from V-Mania.I have door poppers on both doors operated by the remote as per the instructions on this site.I also added a safety wire in the engine compartment that I can jump(12v) to pop a door open incase the remote dies!And as Dave said,it is red.....twin hairdryers(faster than stripes) red!!!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torture is my middle name;) Yellow is always the fastest.:drive:

Yep...yellow is always fastest....Heck, the sun is yellow, and the light it gives off travels at 186,000 MPS...name me something red that is that fast....(Giant leaps in logic are my forte, and this is such a silly argument anyway, I figure why not) :D :D :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...yellow is always fastest....Heck, the sun is yellow, and the light it gives off travels at 186,000 MPS...name me something red that is that fast....(Giant leaps in logic are my forte, and this is such a silly argument anyway, I figure why not) :D :D :D

Throw me in the mix, and I say BLACK is fastest, LOL!!! My own logic. ;) ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slippery... SLIMEY...

I have always liked snkebit's color Viper...and in staying professional I told him so in a PM.
He may still have me on 'ignore' though! ;) Posting LAST---IN BLACK~~~!
~juli
(You KNEW I'd be up for the challenge, Dave :D )

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always liked snkebit's color Viper...and in staying professional I told him so in a PM.
He may still have me on 'ignore' though! ;) Posting LAST---IN BLACK~~~!
~juli
(You KNEW I'd be up for the challenge, Dave :D )

Actually, one of my vehicles uses plenty-o-neon green. Just had to stir the coals.

R U calling me unprofessional Missy?!?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, one of my vehicles uses plenty-o-neon green. Just had to stir the coals.
R U calling me unprofessional Missy?!?

Not at all...snkebit will know what I am talking about. :eater: This had nothing to do with you, Dave, you handsome lug, you!! :cool: Just had to be up for the challenge of the LAST post is the fastest car! BLACK, yessssss. ~juli

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I hate to burst everyone's bubble - but you should have referenced the Periodic Table:
Silver is the best conductor of heat and electricity, and is also the best reflector of visible light known. So, it is only logical that silver is "hot" and "electrifying" - unlike all the other dull "colors". Further, as noted within the indisputable realm of the laws of science, all other "colors" are a mere reflection in silver. Put simply, other colors merely LOOK like they are going fast (see "reflection" above). Ergo (there it is again) - any "color" is at a standstill in comparison to silver.
:drive:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my wife's toyota is silver. black is king. it just screams "menacing". its just hard to keep clean. do you have any idea how hard it is to buff drool marks out of black paint??:headbang: :drooler:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my wife's toyota is silver. black is king. it just screams "menacing". its just hard to keep clean. do you have any idea how hard it is to buff drool marks out of black paint??:headbang: :drooler:

LOL!! BLACK is menacing, which is what the Viper should be...I like Silver Snake's logic though!!! Anytime one tries to 'justify' our cars as the fastest color is great!!~~~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I hate to burst everyone's bubble - but you should have referenced the Periodic Table:
Silver is the best conductor of heat and electricity, and is also the best reflector of visible light known. So, it is only logical that silver is "hot" and "electrifying" - unlike all the other dull "colors". Further, as noted within the indisputable realm of the laws of science, all other "colors" are a mere reflection in silver. Put simply, other colors merely LOOK like they are going fast (see "reflection" above). Ergo (there it is again) - any "color" is at a standstill in comparison to silver.
:drive:

That "period" lasts long enough for a RED car to blow your shiny doors off...

V

Venomiss

What was this thread about?
Once upon a time in an office not far away.....
There once was guy who wanted a Viper and was bored at work. He inquired about Gen1 windows. Then we tortured him with pictures of cars from the classified sections. He was blinded with Yellow eye candy and had to leave work. After all the glorious torture someone mentioned car colors and all hades broke loose. The Yellow cars won.

The End

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32