Rear valance damage around exhaust tips

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recently installed the 3" corsa exhaust and was wondering if the rear valance can be damaged by the 4" tips being so hot? It already appears to be warping a little when it is hot. If damage can be done, how can I prevent/slow it?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use this mirror polished stainless steel exhaust shield, works great and looks good. Machine screws or rivits to hold it on. $104 delivered priority mail. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

You must be registered for see images

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too was concerned about this since I have a very small area of contact at the edge of my Corsa pipes. The Corsa pipes have a double wall that should insulate enough to avoid temps that would damage the valance. I periodically have been checking mine and so far no damage or malformations. Hope this helps.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive like a madman posessed and have had no discoloration or 'melting" problems.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust shield looks great and I think from the road would certainly appear perfect. However, as a meticulous Viper freak, as I think a lot of us are, I would be bothered by the gap at the lower edge. The plate appears to not conform well to the shape of the bumper valence. Are there other brands, or a way to install this with a better fit?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust shield looks great and I think from the road would certainly appear perfect. However, as a meticulous Viper freak, as I think a lot of us are, I would be bothered by the gap at the lower edge. The plate appears to not conform well to the shape of the bumper valence. Are there other brands, or a way to install this with a better fit?

The plate is 16 ga. stainless and can be shaped to your particular valance. :usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc