Rear View Mirror (pain in the asp, blind spot!)

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone relocated their rearview mirrow. I have a 1996 RT/10 and that stupid thing blinds my right side, esp going around a curve. Some has suggested placing it on the dash like the original 1950's corvette. Any suggestions?

Also since I am at it.... Any easy way to put in a cup holder? Hard to drink and drive! lol

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved my mirror up higher on the windshield, and that helped considerably.
I bought a little mesh "pouch" that goes on the tunnel next to the shifter. It uses velcro under the tunnel cover to keep it in place. I use it for sunglasses, cell phone, etc., but you can also put a travel cup in it. Bought it from Chuck (Viper Wizard) at Tator Dodge 914-763-3136, Can't remember how much it was, but it wasn't a very big number.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved the rear view mirror to the right about 4 inches. The OEM metal plate can be removed with a razor blade, as it's held on with a very very thin double sticky tape. Now I "see" out the back window over the passenger's left shoulder, but it doesn't block your view to the right. Unlock your mirror from the plate and try it, it's a great help.

The dashboard is too flimsy to hold the OEM mirror (it's heavy), and you'd have to rig up another wire for the light. It depends on your height as to whether a lighter small mirror on the dash would let you see out the back. In my case, none were tall enough.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved my mirror to the glove box. I removed it completely (still have the little metal thingie on the glass). I am used to driving trucks with no rear view, and only using sides to see rear. has really been much nicer. after a few minutes driving you don't actually miss it. Anyone that rides a motorcycle will be comfortable with this right away also.

try it, you'll like it.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have mine attached as high up as possible but still centered. It is much better for looking forward. Looking to the rear it does not work as well. I have to tip my head down to get it to reflect the cars behind me. It sort of looks at the sport bar now. This is helpful: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=288133&Forum=UBB14&Words=mirror%20glue&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=288133&Search=true#Post288133

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved my mirror to the glove box. I removed it completely (still have the little metal thingie on the glass). I am used to driving trucks with no rear view, and only using sides to see rear. has really been much nicer. after a few minutes driving you don't actually miss it. Anyone that rides a motorcycle will be comfortable with this right away also.

try it, you'll like it.

I no longer have a rear view mirror either but put it in the glove box??? It doesn't fit. Mine is on the seat next to me 'just in case'.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With only the garage door remote in there it will fit. Face down and the arm pushed over it just fits. If I get pulled over or questioned about it, I just say "the little metal thingie just got glued back on, waiting for it to dry, see I have it right here".

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With only the garage door remote in there it will fit. Face down and the arm pushed over it just fits. If I get pulled over or questioned about it, I just say "the little metal thingie just got glued back on, waiting for it to dry, see I have it right here".

I don't believe it is required equimpment if you have side mirrors, anybody know for sure? This is what I have been told in the past. :confused:

OP
OP
R

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your comments are very informative. Thanks! I will raise it this weekend.

Got to order one of those cup holders as well. Thanks, again