Rear View Mirror position

Bob Pommer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I am overly concerned about what is behind me as I am not one to live in the past.... As we have all noticed the rear veiw mirror is substantially blocked by the rear of the car. I am going to be adding the Autoform rollbar which adds a bar between the two roll hoops futher blocking the rear veiw. I noticed that there is about an additional inch of space that the rear view mirror higher on the glass. Has anyone tried moving their mirror to gain some better rear view perspective?

It seems like a no brainer...

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried tilting the mirror down, pushing up on the middle link, then tilting the mirror back up? I tried it on my SRT and it helped a little. However, the view out the back is more like an RT - very limited - even with the top down. Probably due to the very high rear deck and quarters.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The rear view is worse than an RT/10. I have not found the magic position yet.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, I have the Autoform bar and I too have the same trouble. I have repositioned the mirror as much as possible using the links without removing it completely. That is the next step, but I am not sure how much difference it will make, because if you go too high then the top latching area starts to get in the way. The other option will be to use the links to actually move the mirror reaward away from the windshield to get past the latch area but then it might interfere with the latching of the top. I'll let you know, maybe I can try it before the club meeting on Weds. look me up there.

OP
OP
B

Bob Pommer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am just a *****. After fiddling with mirror a bit per the advise of GTS Dean, I discovered that unlike all of my other cars which have "one" ball joint to adjust the mirror, the SRT has "Two" linked by a small rod. This enable the mirror to go literally to the top of the winsheild to the point where the latch cuts off the top of the rear view. This improved my rear veiw visability by 100%. I am sure when I get the roll bar it will be cut off again, but for now, I wish I had done this 2800 Miles ago... DOH!!!! For the rest of you "rearwardly view challanged", it may seem like a simple thing, but it makes a big difference.

Toddh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, don't feel too bad as you're not the only one! After reading the posts here I fiddled around with mine and now I can actually see what's behind me. I didn't realize that the attachment at the window was jointed, either.