received an official entry form for the drawing last week

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wondering if anybody knew how the sales were going, also read if they don't sell enough tickets that they wouldn't be giving the Gen 4 ACR-X away. Also seems like a pretty awesome deal for Venom members (6 tickets for $500).

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think ticket sales will be up to par with previous raffles but that is my opinion. I won't be buying any tickets just for the fact that I want a car I can drive on the road.
Don't get me wrong, this ACR-X is a beauty but it isn't for me.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum or Duane, do either of you know about how much the Winner will actually be responsibe for to take possession of it?

You have to pay 28% of the car's price to be able to pick it up so that's a good question of what they will value the ACR-X. The list price is around $110,000 so that would mean you would have to put up approximately $31,000 in taxes if they are going to use the list price.

I think most winners would probably sell it unless they can afford to have a car just for the track.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to pay 28% of the car's price to be able to pick it up so that's a good question of what they will value the ACR-X. The list price is around $110,000 so that would mean you would have to put up approximately $31,000 in taxes if they are going to use the list price.

I think most winners would probably sell it unless they can afford to have a car just for the track.
Man, thats a tough one there. Do you really think you would have people knocking on the door to buy it from you. I read in the last issue of the older Viper mag that Ben Keating won Bob Lutz's GT-2 raffle car (Go Figure).

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think ticket sales will be up to par with previous raffles but that is my opinion. I won't be buying any tickets just for the fact that I want a car I can drive on the road.
Don't get me wrong, this ACR-X is a beauty but it isn't for me.

+1 one what IEATVETS said, no raffle tickets for me this time. I can't see paying that amount of money in taxes for a track car with a just a vinyl body wrap that really isn't all that special to me. I do like the car and hope someone on here wins it and gives it a good home. Jeff

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 one what IEATVETS said, no raffle tickets for me this time. I can't see paying that amount of money in taxes for a track car with a just a vinyl body wrap that really isn't all that special to me. I do like the car and hope someone on here wins it and gives it a good home. Jeff

I don't understand this line of thinking. You are still winning a $100k+ car for $30k. You WILL be able to sell the car for $80k @ least and make $50k.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand it either! The car is worth a lot to the Viper community and other collectors. You are definitely going to make your money back on it whether you clear $1,000 or $100,000 when it is all finished. Then again they might not even value the car at $110,000. It is a used car. I believe they have to "award" it as a used car price, so it should be much less. At this point, market price can not come into it upon valuation like this. At least not at this stage of a win.

Don't worry, on November 18th, I will let you all know what the "hassle" was like. :)

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received it as well, twice. Three if you count the magazine insert, Oops four five six, if you count e-mails. No, make that countless if you count all the banners and ads on the site.

I hope I win. I've seen it so much I feel like I own it already!

V

Venomiss

I received it as well, twice. Three if you count the magazine insert, Oops four five six, if you count e-mails. No, make that countless if you count all the banners and ads on the site.

You didn't count the Dodge Celebrity Race being televised with that Viper.:) Or the second place prize Challenger.

Expect an email reminder or two before the raffle sales are over.
We are still getting phone calls from VCA members who do not know there is not a limit on how many tickets that can be purchased. Buy as many as your wallet will handle....

For those who did purchase Viper raffle tickets this time around good luck!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

If you only knew how much that made my day....:lmao:

On a serious note, seeing as I could use a track car and am inclined to purchase tickets, who purchased/ did the prep on this car?. Is it purchased from a dealer like normal raffles?.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I received my notice to buy tickets last week, I ordered tickets Sept 23rd? Almost a month and still no tickets in the mail :dunno:

Be sure to call 1-800-998-1110 and leave a detailed message. Name(spell the last name) phone & brief message.

They can give you the status on your tickets directly.

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my 6 tickets in about 2-3 weeks from the order date. I dont need the car per-say, but its "collector value" is said to be near 200K. Id track it a few times and see just how big my balls are. There are plenty of buyers for the THIS particular car.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my 6 tickets in about 2-3 weeks from the order date. I dont need the car per-say, but its "collector value" is said to be near 200K. Id track it a few times and see just how big my balls are. There are plenty of buyers for the THIS particular car.
I don't think you'll Sniff 200k! JMO

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
On a serious note, seeing as I could use a track car and am inclined to purchase tickets, who purchased/ did the prep on this car?. Is it purchased from a dealer like normal raffles?.

My question from before. Any answers?
Thanks.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"The VIPER magazine March/April 2011 cover car. The same car that was driven by Roger Penske and Kuno Wittmer in the Viper Celebrity Challenge. It's autographed by Dodge and Mopar® stars including Kurt Busch, Robby Gordon, Allen Johnson, Sam Hubinette, Ralph Gilles and many more. And it can be yours for the cost of a single raffle ticket - $125 - available exclusively to VCA members."

If Penske and Wittmer didn't have a problem with the way the car was set up, I'm sure it will be more than satisfactory for the winner. Don't sweat the small stuff, buy yourself a ticket. :)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
"The VIPER magazine March/April 2011 cover car. The same car that was driven by Roger Penske and Kuno Wittmer in the Viper Celebrity Challenge. It's autographed by Dodge and Mopar® stars including Kurt Busch, Robby Gordon, Allen Johnson, Sam Hubinette, Ralph Gilles and many more. And it can be yours for the cost of a single raffle ticket - $125 - available exclusively to VCA members."

If Penske and Wittmer didn't have a problem with the way the car was set up, I'm sure it will be more than satisfactory for the winner. Don't sweat the small stuff, buy yourself a ticket. :)

How about I decide what's important to me eh sport. I asked a simple question that has nothing to do with HOW the car is setup.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
shooter_t1,

You must be referring to "prep" as to who sold the car, not who prepped it for the track. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Regards,

Sport

ps - Nevertheless, if you end up buying a ticket, Good Luck!:2tu:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It does not matter, I am going to win the ACR-X. And to get it, I will have to sell you my GTS to pay the taxes, so we both win! And I'll even let you take the ACR-X out on the track and you can show me how fast it really is.... :D

(did you miss me for a week????).... ;)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I see what you did there with my quote.... :D

We need to go for a cruise the next time we can make it work, early morning and open roads!! :)

Sorry for the thread jack.....

No worries buddy. I think I jacked it first.
We are always happy to hang with you and Team leader. Matter of fact, Andy and I discussed that very thing earlier this evening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper