recommendation for transporting plz...

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
need a recommendation for enclosed transporter from florida to calif. prefer small private transporter if any are highly rated.
tia
ed

V

Venomiss

Read up here:

http://forums.viperclub.org/voi-11-...official-auto-transport-carrier-voi-11-a.html

CIMG1849.JPG

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Gary Almond. He has always been highly recommended on these forums if he is still in the business. :2tu:

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Passport on multible occasions for my Viper and Muscle car transportation and have never had one single problem. It also helps that there prices are usaully one of the lower rates.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rudedawg, thanks for the input above. I just got a quote online and it seems really fair for the Viper. They answered my questions about securing/tie down etc. and after googling reviews for them they seem like the one to go with. He says the truck will have 6 cars on it and they will drive right to my house.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intercity is a good company. I have heard several positive things about them and were my 2nd choice after Gary Almond. I actually chose them first, but when reading so many great things about Gary and talking to him on the phone, I chose to have him pick up my car instead.

intercity seems to have the best rates.
ed

Two thumbs up for Intercity Transport. Phenominal transport service.

:2tu:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JP Logistics & Reliable.

Reliable delivered cars from the factory.

JP brought this to the Long Beach Grand Prix
You must be registered for see images attach

Nick

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While my "final" delivery guy was very nice....I could not recommened Reliable. According to the person that handled the shipping it should have taken only 10 days...but it took almost 4 weeks from CA to PA and the car was loaded-unloaded-stored several times.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly recommend welcome to show car services!.

They transported my two Vipers without any issues, and they were HUNDREDS less than Passport or Reliable. I found out about them from the guy that I sold my '95 to (in Penn). Two cross-country transports with no hiccups. :2tu:

OP
OP
E

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
matt m, i had the same experience as you w/ reliable. not recommended.
anybody hear of plycar transportation?
ed

ba$$fan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed, I went from OR to TX recently with Passport and couldn't have asked for anything more. Quick pick up, on time delivery and not a scratch on the car.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No small carrier will ever be able to compete with the price of the large companies that carry 20 cars at one time and have loads already scheduled there and back.

That being said, no large company will ever be able to compete with the service and caution of a small carrier. Personally I will never hire a large company to transport anything for me, once is more than enough they managed to make buying a new car from out of town a nightmare.

From now on I hire people like Gary Almond, but unfortunately I believe he has stopped his transport service.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too hired Gary Almond, I was very fortunate that he was able to fit me in when I needed my car delivered. The first time I called him, he told me the soonest he would be able to pick my car up when I wanted it, was about a 2week window, which was definitely reasonable considering how busy he was already transporting other cars. He charged me $1200 to pick up my car in Detroit Michigan and bring it to me in Haverhill, MA. Intercity quoted me at around $1050 or so and I checked out FedEx too which was quoted in between Gary and Intercity I believe.

No small carrier will ever be able to compete with the price of the large companies that carry 20 cars at one time and have loads already scheduled there and back.

That being said, no large company will ever be able to compete with the service and caution of a small carrier. Personally I will never hire a large company to transport anything for me, once is more than enough they managed to make buying a new car from out of town a nightmare.

From now on I hire people like Gary Almond, but unfortunately I believe he has stopped his transport service.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just used passport to move a car. They where ok took about 2 week's to pick up a car. The car was not in the same place on the trailer when it was loaded when it arrived. I had the guy put the cover on the car when it was loaded and he really did not want to cover. When it arrived at its locaion the cover was off. Also asked to top load and would not and had asked upon booking of the car. It was top loaded at delivery location. The driver told me the cars get moved to diffrent trailers. to move across the country. So when they tell you it goes from your location right to the delivery location in the same trailer not moved it not true. But the car arrived in the same condition it left.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passport is the Official Carrier of the VCA

If you decide to use them please call them when booking and mention you are a Viper Club of America member. If you book on line then follow it up with a phone call.

They are excellent at what they do, truly professional!

I've seen some comments here about other carriers as well as Passport regarding switching trailers. Unless you are dealing with a guy who only has couple of trucks, that's how it works. Carriers will pick vehicles up from all over the country going all over the country.

Most of them have one to three hubs where they transfer and build solid loads to ceratin zones. they do this to expedite time and efficiency. It would be crazy to send two tractor trailers to California if you only needed to send one.

Passport has been in this business a very long time, RM Auctions uses them because of their consistent performance. They are not the least expensive, but are extremely competitive.

Neil Pitt, the owner of Passport is a hands on guy!

So do you yourself a favor and call Passport, you can ship your car safely and get a good night sleep :)