Recommended Repair Shop

Menefee2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an excellent repair shop in the area? Small mistake, but I let the wife drive my 1998 GTS and she cracked/tore the wind lip underneath on the passenger side. Please see attached photo's for details. I'm looking for a place that works/has worked on Viper's in the past. Thanks!

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 82
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 15

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like it was repainted before. id ask KCobean, he is from that region. he might know

or viperjohn

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Phil.

Chadrick, you're pretty far south of me (I'm up near Leesburg), so I'll let someone from down in your area chime in (contact "BatBoy" via PM too, he's in F-burg and knows the surrounding area well.)

If you just can't find a local shop and don't mind a little driving up this way, I can recommend someone, just let me know.

OP
OP
M

Menefee2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks to all that replied. i am just trying to fix what's cracked. if there's an easier way of doing this i'm all ears. i just figured it be in my best interest to let the insurace handle it (not knowing what the eastimators will come up with).

eurowalt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try Duane Smith 703 340-7788 He works on my Viper and also does good Body aswell. I've sen there work Looks very good. Next to Hummer/Cadilak Chantilly,Va

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are just trying to fix the crack, go to a parts store and buy some glue that's actually made to fix plastic bumpers. If you can't find it in parts store, hopefully a local body shop will sell you some. All you need to do is glue it from behind. If you use the correct type of glue, the panel will not loose much flexibilty and should remain attached. Can't recall the name of the stuff, but for some reason "Bumper Mend It" comes to mind....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery