Recover outside part of Cognac Seats Black? Good idea?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most viper seats my cognac seats are ripped on the seat bolster from getting in and out of the car. The inner part of the seats are in good condition. I was thinking about recovering the whole seat but thought it might look good if just the outside of the seat was recovered in black and leave the cognac inner. I say someone has done this. Anyone have pictures of what it would look like? I think it would go right with the cars interior as the dash is black and under is cognac and then the door covers are black at the top then cognac at the bottom. What do you guys think? :dunno:

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Mike, I think I will do that too. Hey I'm finally going to install that new red top, steering wheel, and parking brake tonight! I've been saying this for a month now! haha

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
None of my Viper seats have any tears or even wear visible other than the stretching of the ass part of the driver's seats.

I used to quite a few custom interiors and often I would keep the outside and backs of the original seats. The contrast always looked good and I would usually replace the seat cover 'faces' with velour to match the stripes. Dodge does quite a bit with Colored stitching as well.

One day when my seats need some work I plan to leathercraft/tool a piece of Leather for the top panel of the seat backs and have that piece sewn into the seat cover instead of embroidering the logo.

Here's a logo I tooled for my ACR ...

You must be registered for see images

You're only limited by your money and/or imagination.

Ted

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my car has around 48K miles on it so maybe that is why. Or maybe the owner before me was rather large... ha

I think I am going to try just getting the outsides done in black. Should look pretty good. Will post pictures once done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21