Regular Usage of Battery Save Mode

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of any issues with regular use of the Battery Save Mode?

Went to take the car out yesterday after sitting for ~3 weeks and it was dead...needless to say this was pretty embarassing! To keep this from happening I am planning on using the Battery Save Mode as there will not be many times I go longer than a month without driving the car but I don't want to cause any "long term damage" if I use the Battery Save Mode after each use. Realize the alarm is not active but this is not a concern.

I have a new battery and a trickle charger...just thinking of different options at this point. Any useful input will be appreciated - Thanks!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just keep mine on a Battery Tender when it's in the garage...used to do the same thing to my Camaro since it also sat for long periods of time with no use. It's really the best option IMO.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't be any adverse effect I wouldn't think. I use it all the time in the winter.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always use the Save Mode as my Viper will sit quite a while in between drives.(1,589 miles on my '08)

Though I do charge the battery on occasion - Maybe once a year. It always starts.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I always use the "Battery Save" mode every time I finish driving the car. It's so easy to do. I really don't care about the fact that some electronic memory functions are lost like the trip odometer. I've never had a problem doing so and I don't have starting issues. If someone knows of a problem with doing this frequently please advise--Dave

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always use the "Battery Save" mode every time I finish driving the car. It's so easy to do. I really don't care about the fact that some electronic memory functions are lost like the trip odometer. I've never had a problem doing so and I don't have starting issues. If someone knows of a problem with doing this frequently please advise--Dave

Same here. Use it every time, and have been a couple years now.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, mine is an 03. Get in, close doors, windows up. Key in ignition, turn to ACC (towards you) and back 4 times, then hit the power lock up button. The horn will chirp, and you're done.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery TENDER is definitely the way to go. Have one for each car. I don't use it in the summer but during the winter for sure. Cars starts right each time. :)

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, I just bought a second remote after locking keys in car. Does the dealer have to program this or can i?

Thanks again,
Sal

Battery TENDER is definitely the way to go. Have one for each car. I don't use it in the summer but during the winter for sure. Cars starts right each time. :)

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The garage where my car is parked doesn't have power, so I can't use a tender. Use of battery-save mode + Sears Diehard Platinum has (so, far, knock wood) allowed me to start first time, every time. Of course the car usually doesn't sit more than a couple weeks at a time either, even in winter.

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, I just bought a second remote after locking keys in car. Does the dealer have to program this or can i?

Do you have a key to manually open the door to get to the fob? Manual says to use other remote in order to program new remote. Otherwise: "If you do not have a programmed transmitter, contact your dealer for details."

I can send you the directions to program the new fob, if needed. Good luck!!

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Program Transmitters:
This feature allows you to program transmitters in case one is lost or an extra transmitter(s) is desired. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to your vehicle. To program another transmitter follow these steps:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position and set the parking brake.
2. Using a previously programmed transmitter, press the UNLOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds. While the UNLOCK button is being pressed (after 5 seconds), press the PANIC button and release both buttons simultaneously. You will hear a chime sound to signal you that programming on the transmitter(s) may occur.
3. You may program up to 4 transmitters for your vehicle within a 30 second time limit. Press and release both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of a new transmitter at the same time; then press and release any of the buttons once, you will hear a chime when the transmitter has been successfully programmed. A chime will sound when the 30 seconds is over, or if you turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. You must repeat step 3 for all new transmitters that will be used with this vehicle (up to 4 total).

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried it but then you have to hit the unlock to get out and nothing seems different. All the interior lights came on as usual. Is there something else I'm missing?

Yes, mine is an 03. Get in, close doors, windows up. Key in ignition, turn to ACC (towards you) and back 4 times, then hit the power lock up button. The horn will chirp, and you're done.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe it's driver window up, not door lock, after the 4 ACC. Good luck!

Nope, it's the door lock (on the door), ONCE. After the four, hit it up, you should hear the chirp. Just pull the door handle to get out, don't touch the lock button again.

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, it's the door lock (on the door), ONCE. After the four, hit it up, you should hear the chirp. Just pull the door handle to get out, don't touch the lock button again.

I stand corrected: Depress the driver’s side Power Door Lock switch in the UP direction.Asingle chime and a horn chirp indicate that the process has begun.

Good luck Black Moon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang