Removal of Hood Inserts?

FOOF3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a Viper owner buy a detailer. I'm currently in the middle of detailing a 2010 Viper ACR Final Edition (#9/50) and the dealer that "detailed" the car never taped off the plastic hood inserts and they left polish all over them. I need to take them out to give them a good scrubbing and I just want to make sure that the safest way to remove them is by just popping the plastic rivets outs. It seems like they just come right out but I don't want to take the risk if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Josh Holly

F

FrgMstr

I have a Vipair hood and have never put the inserts in. Better cooling and down force with the inserts no installed. Still you may not like the look of the insert deletes.

That said, I think you will destroy the rivets when removing those, then you want to re-install with the appropriate sized screw.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked the Viper tech @ Tomball Dodge this very question ..... he suggested and demonstrated the following. Use a set of wire dikes to slightly raise the head of the rivet (don't squeeze very hard at all, the dikes will cut the rivet easier than they'll cut wire :omg:), then he used a piece of fishing line to wrap around the head of the rivet, they pulled out very easily and can be re-used.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FOOF3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up just taping around them and putting a towel under the hood to catch the cleaner.

You must be registered for see images attach

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice work!

Pro Tip: Adam's Detail Spray is really good for loosening up old wax on plastic. Adam's Waterless Wash works well too! Less caustic than All Purpose Cleaner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456