Removed my stock muffler

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I removed my stock muffler today.. Decided to go with straight pipes for a while to see how that goes. So far I really like the sound and it seems like the car runs much better. Only cost me $80
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozDmfhy96nQ[/media]

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great low-cost mod. I wish I would have done it first thing but I waited a year or two. Some folks go with a H-pipe or X-pipe for a little different sound. No matter, anything is better than stock. Good job.

OP
OP
S

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, Stock Cats are still on. Both the Technician at Exhaust Specialties here in Muskegon and I thought the straight pipes was going to be too loud but we were pleasantly surprised how good it sounded. The Tech had never seen a viper exhaust before and when he got it up on the hoist I saw him look at it with a ***? He was in Awe!

The one thing I would have done differently would be to have them put on some chrome tips. I thought the stock ones just needed to be polished but they do not shine and look like crap.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done doing this. Sound, weight etc. Yes, the stock tips are cheap looking from the factory. Looks like a Venzano interior.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang