Removing 2008 Wheel . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some curb rash on one of my rear rims on my 2008 Viper. Instead of bringing the whole car to the dealer for the rim repair, I just wanted to jack the car on my lift, put a jack stands or wood blocs under the metal triangular jack point, remove the rim/tire and bring it alone to the dealer for repair.

Question: Once I receive the repaired rim back, i assume that I can just put the rim back on, torque the bolts to 100 ft/lbs and be back on the road. Will the TPMS sensors automaticaly relearn the rim or does something need to be done at the dealer to recalibrate the TPMS system?

Thanks for your help.

/Rich

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
should fire back up and be ok,check the pressure to match the rest.

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TMPS won't need to re-sync with the receiver, because the car wasn't driven with out it...:D
Now if you were to change the transmitter out, you would need to re-sync with the receiver.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right after I bought my 09 I found a flaw/scratches on the inside of one wheel. The dealer exchanged the wheel and tire, but while driving home I got the low press. light. I returned to the dealer where they used a programmer to re-program the sensors. After driving one mile the light went out and has stayed out. This may have been from the new tire and wheel being off in press. though from the others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32