replacement belt

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone use a Goodyear Gatorback belt and if so what is the part number? I got one from Auto Zone #4070775. They say it's a replacement but it does not fit. I call around but everyone else gets the same number as Auto Zone.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goodyear, on-line, has a link to cross-refernece the part #. I just ordered one myself but I haven't checked to see if it fits. I saw one the other day that looked too small... :(

http://www.goodyearbeltsandhose.com/arp1/jsp/StartCarSearch.jsp

Put in any part code and it'll come up. Sadly, if you put in the autozone OR the mopar part #, it comes up with that 7PK1970 which I'm pretty sure is the WRONG belt...

JD

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did that and the number came up as 7PK1970 (4070775). What part number is on yours? I even did the year, make, model search on Goodyears site and got the same info.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the same #, but I'm pretty sure it is too short. I guess the best thing to do is to put them side-by-side and measure. But i have been too lazy to do so...

JD

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The belts you are likely to find at a parts house will only fit a Gen1 without A/C. The Gen2s require a longer belt that only can be found thru Mopar.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to swap anyway. Let's say on a scale of 1 to 10, I am like a 5 (probably better, but let's just average). How long approximately should it take?

My belt appears to be okay, but with 5 years and 32K miles, I'm sure I will replace it pretty soon. Like when I do spark plugs.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Quick and easy...need 15mm socket or wrench to use on tensioner pulley...rotate it clockwise to decrease tension, remove old belt, check pulleys, and install new belt carefully, being sure it seats properly into the grooves.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, sounds easy. I didn't know if there was anything in the way or something that was a pain to get to. Thanks.

Come to think of it, maybe I will do plugs/belt/oil this weekend....

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an underdrive pulley and so was careful about noting OEM and my new belt size. I have Gates K070776 and ACDelco 7K776 listed as the OEM size.