Research help needed

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Since I have purchased one of the seven '97 GTS Gold Wheel cars, I've become a bit interested in where the others are. I am going to put together a website similar to the feviper registry. I am asking for help on identifying where these snakes slither. This project will include the 7 Gold Wheel GTS's, 14 Yellow Wheel GTS's and 3 Gold Package RT/10's from 1997. It does not include the 1996 red/yellow McVipers.

Here is what I have from combing through the forum.

- "stout 1" had a friend with one, but not sure which, in Apr 2001.
- "JonB" reported VIN 301819, 1 of 3 RT/10s, was totaled as of Apr 2001.
- "TOOOFST" reported in Apr 2001 that he had a gold wheel GTS, but sold it someone in Michigan.
- "matt" reported a Northern CA VCA member was selling a gold wheel GTS with 50K miles in Feb 2002.
- "carguy07" posted some pics in May 2003, but they are gone. One was owned by "prowl".
- "opnwide" reported one for sale at Apple Sport Imports in May 2003.
- "Snake Bitten" reported 2 gold wheel GTS's in the MN VCA.
- "vipernate" reported in June 2003 that a set of GTS gold rims were chromed for a customer.
- "viperkraz" was selling the gold wheels in Apr 2005.
-"ski racer" had 2 gold wheel GTS's and was selling 1 in Jan 2007. The latter had ~8500 miles and a $6000 SVT exhaust system.
- "Tom Welch" reported owning a yellow wheel GTS as of Sep 2007.
- "jmillsUT28" reported VIN 300162, a RT/10 with Gold Pkg for sale in Memphis in Dec 2008.
- "2006 red/white coupe" reported in Dec 2008 that he owned a gold wheel GTS for 6 years. He bought it in '98 with 900 miles on it.
- "redfogo" purchased a gold wheel GTS from a Colorado owner (ski racer??) in Jun 2009.
- "harley56" reported having a gold wheel GTS.
- "01sapphitebob" reported 4 of 7 GTS's were for sale as of Jan 2010. He also knows of one yellow wheel GTS.
- "shelbyviper" knows of 1 RT/10, which is in private collection.

Using the above, there are only 2 Gold Package RT/10's, and 6 gold wheel GTS's remaining. I can't determine much on the yellow wheel GTS's.

If you have info, I am looking for VINs, owners, location, history (sold xx/xx/xx, etc), and any other useful information. I won't post owner names without permission.

If someone has access to Dodge systems, perhaps we can get VINs based on '97 Vipers with option codes WFN (yellow wheels) or WFT (gold wheels). Any/all help will be appreciated.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I was told that "BigbadViper" 97 red GTS was a gold wheeled car. Now has aftermarket wheels, but pretty sure he still possesses the gold wheels for it.

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you mind posting pics, I'm interested in seeing what they look like. no results from google...

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is still 2 of them here in MN that I know of. I also sold one a few years ago to someone in IL I think. GTS Gold wheel is what I am talking about....

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There is still 2 of them here in MN that I know of. I also sold one a few years ago to someone in IL I think. GTS Gold wheel is what I am talking about....

Did you sell it to Mike B in Homewood, IL? If so, that is now in my garage and I'd be particularly interested in any history you have on that one.

Danino, here is a gold wheel GTS.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 31

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper