Results from Drag Racing Friday night w/ Baz

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say...he's my lucky Charm. No start issues at all :D

I was supposed to race a big single supra but he didn't show as he wasn't ready (he wanted to run race gas and slicks) :mad: I reall wanted to run the guy.

Tire pressure was at 35psi this time. :lmao:

This was the coolest air temp yet...only 88deg. :D

R/T: .028

60ft: 2.100

330: 5.351

1/8: 7.876 @ 98.26

1000: 10.023

1/4: 11.810 @ 126.16mph

That was the lowest 11.8 I've hit and the fastest mph to boot. I thought that run was going to **** because I was a little sideways all the way through 2nd gear, but I just never let out of the throttle. I just keept in it. :headbang:

Thanks for comming out Baz. I did feel bad that you didn't get to drive my car...so give me a call while your still here and the keys are yours.

I'm going to practice some starts in 2nd gear on the street before I go next time. 1st gear is just useless.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get some tires man. That 60' is terrible and a rule of thumb is .2 on the big end for every .1 on the 60'.... think about it and let me know what tire you choose! 17" get 335 hoosier dr's, 18" get 345 BFG dr's and call it a day! Good times none the less!

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice mph...what kind of tires are you running?

6 y/o stock pilots :D

I've pulled a 1.9 60ft on these tires. I just can't remember how I did it. :lmao:

I think the viper's got another mph or two in it as I granny shift. I'm not ready to do the no-lift-shift in this yet. The tq is crazy in this car.

I plan to run Nitto NT-555's when I finish trashing these tires. I plan on running a 11.00-10.90 @ 127-128 with this set up(after tire upgrade). Once I've got everything I can drive out of this setup, I will do the last bit of supporting mods before the TT. (Custom intake mani, TB's, 4" exhaust and W/M.) Then run it more until I can hit 130mph N/A.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is TT and it only runs 11.80's? I'm confused, even with a slow 60' it should be able to pull faster then that. I must be missing something. Definately ditch those tires NOW!

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your car is TT and it only runs 11.80's? I'm confused, even with a slow 60' it should be able to pull faster then that. I must be missing something. Definately ditch those tires NOW!

No, It is N/A. I've got a few rounds of bolt-ons before I do that.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 y/o stock pilots :D

I've pulled a 1.9 60ft on these tires. I just can't remember how I did it. :lmao:

Pretty good times for a rough 60'. MPH is nice! :2tu:

The answer to your question may be to lower your tire pressure! Try 30psi, and then drop down from there. Also, do NOT enter the water, drive around it, do a slight burn to clean off your tires and you'll see a nice difference with a lower tire pressure and no aqua. :D

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great night,Thanks for letting me tag along..

Viper sounded awsome.

35psi was a bit hard and they are old so just think what its capable off with new rubber.......

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty good times for a rough 60'. MPH is nice! :2tu:

The answer to your question may be to lower your tire pressure! Try 30psi, and then drop down from there. Also, do NOT enter the water, drive around it, do a slight burn to clean off your tires and you'll see a nice difference with a lower tire pressure and no aqua. :D

Slight burn out is almost imposible. I can spin the tires at 2500rpm clutch drop :headbang:

I need to try 20-25psi next time.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great night,Thanks for letting me tag along..

Viper sounded awsome.

35psi was a bit hard and they are old so just think what its capable off with new rubber.......

I can't wait to get some new pilot sport cup tires. They should hook up.

Do I need to worry about these stock halfshafts?

Baz, I can't wait to hang out again sometime. Next time if I'm too happy about a new pb, slap me arould a little bit so you can get a chance to drive the car....deal.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know next your gonna head out to OSW. I need to learn how to drive this thing.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me know next your gonna head out to OSW. I need to learn how to drive this thing.

Me too. :lol: I'm hoping to hit it next Weds Sept 19th. Shoot me a PM and I'll send ya my number.

Make sure you have a lid. They will not let you run without it.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. :lol: I'm hoping to hit it next Weds Sept 19th. Shoot me a PM and I'll send ya my number.

Make sure you have a lid. They will not let you run without it.

I have one. It's been raining everyday. I was thinking about going out tonight but it poured. It's that time of year I guess.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you have gotten part of the launch down .... even though you on on the Orlando Spin World track.

Cudaman:flag:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say...he's my lucky Charm. No start issues at all :D

I was supposed to race a big single supra but he didn't show as he wasn't ready (he wanted to run race gas and slicks) :mad: I reall wanted to run the guy.

Do something ;) If that Supra is built correctly he is going to kill you :D Good luck

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get some tires man. That 60' is terrible and a rule of thumb is .2 on the big end for every .1 on the 60'.... think about it and let me know what tire you choose! 17" get 335 hoosier dr's, 18" get 345 BFG dr's and call it a day! Good times none the less!

I am running the BFG's right now, I can tell you they hook, I love them, the greatest thing is that they hide so well on the viper, cause we have huge tires to begin with, very stealth. I ran a heavily modded late model F-body the other day, he had skinnys on the front, and Nitto DR's on the back(as they stuck out of the wheel well, he didnt know what hit him.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby with a good set of tires you should run a short time of 1.65. If you get Drag radials a little better. Depends on your short times. My best on run flats is a 1.70 & you could as good. Bobby you ready to come play at Bradenton. With the right tires and a few pointers you will run an 11.0.

In December we have those bad boys from Georgia coming down. Are you ready for some fun in the sun again Tony?

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cudaman,

The only part of the launch I have down is the tree. I always have a .05x or lower. As far as the rest of the launch goes...it's still a crap shoot.

1Tony1,

That supra makes 500-525rwhp on pump gas(As per Nero @ Titan motorsports). It would have been a great race. But he ended up wanting to run race gas and slicks and didn't get his car ready in time.

00SVTDUBS,

After riding with Rick in his 9xxrwhp Paxton car...PILOT SPORT CUP tires for me. Handle great, and will hold my power without issue. He could nail 3rd gear, not a peep from the tires, they just stick and go.

Rick,

I will be at Bradenton this year for sure. I've alreay got plans to be there. I just need some tires and a new clutch. I've got 10 or so passes on this car and getting better all the time. It's just this launch is killing me. No doubt this car has a 11.00 or a 10.90 in it. I just need to stop being a 12 sec driver in a 10 sec car.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get there........ Practice at the stop signs and red lights.......LOL......

A few pics from the night(sorry not the best)

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Baz,

Glade you made it home safe. Thanks for the new wall paper :D