Results from SVS DIY TT - 880rwhp / 960rwtq 93 octane 12psi

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice numbers.. :2tu:

It was great to talk with You today about your stepped headers.
I will contact You when I get back from V.O.I.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr.

Are these turbos similar to mine? My car makes 800rwhp@8-9psi and I have stock re-ringed motor w/ roe ported cylinder heads. Comparing results would suggest more efficient turbos, given that they are only makink 80rwhp more at 4 more psi with same CI motor.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr.

Are these turbos similar to mine? My car makes 800rwhp@8-9psi and I have stock re-ringed motor w/ roe ported cylinder heads. Comparing results would suggest more efficient turbos, given that they are only makink 80rwhp more at 4 more psi with same CI motor.

Yes they're similar, but yours are hybrids and newer.

Build the bottom, get some better flowing heads, retune and stretch their legs.

I'm sure you'll make power on the street that will keep you satisfied for a long time :2tu:

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I will be adding a twin disk clutch, for my next trip to the track (stock one didn't like it). My goal is a low 10 in street trim (94 octane and ****). I was curious as to how much headroom I have on the turbos. My TT Z06 did it quite easily, on a break-in tune, and I haven't even turned the boost up yet. But it is about 300lbs lighter and sports an auto. I can't have my Z end up faster than my GTS, now can I?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooooooooo this DIY TT was built and tuned in your shop? Then how is it a DIY? Do you have any customers that can put up numbers of your system they installed?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooooooooo this DIY TT was built and tuned in your shop? Then how is it a DIY? Do you have any customers that can put up numbers of your system they installed?

lol, good point.
that torque curve drops faster than my girlfriends pants

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This system was built 2 years ago in a 2002 RT-10. It is the same as our DIY TT system that we build now except it has the upgraded air/water option for intercooling.

The Viper we built it on 2 years ago was totalled by the owner within the 500 mile breakin period. It was never finished tuned and no dyno time.

The guys (from Canada) who bought the wrecked 2002 Viper (in Indiana) removed the TT system, engine, fuel system etc. and installed it in a 2000 GTS. (they did a very quick installation) They added an AEM, installed everything themselves and tuned it themselves (without ANY help from SVS).

Yes we have customers that have put up numbers from our system that they installed and tuned......

You're on the thread :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol, good point.

LOL

You're so lazy that you make yourself look like the fool by agreeing with things before you investigate the facts :eek:

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Only when i'm around :buttkick:

But he does bring up a good point. Why is it that the torque curve falls by 30% (300ish ft/lbs) from 4500 to redline? Peak numbers are neat and all, but the total curve is what wins races, and well that one leaves quite a bit to be desired.

ps, who's the genius that leans it out (to what looks like 13.2ish?) right at torque peak? insufficient fuel system, or just inept tuner?

Or could it be that those 1.5" primaries and 61mm T3 hotsides are just to hard to tune with all that backpressure? :confused:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12k for 880rwhp/960rwtq is money well spent..Assuming that the numbers in the title is with just the DIY kit and tuning...

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 12k is not the fuel system, aem, tuning, etc. Add about 13k to that price for the 880rwhp. The pricing is very deceptive.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 12k is not the fuel system, aem, tuning, etc. Add about 13k to that price for the 880rwhp. The pricing is very deceptive.

You forgot the built bottom end, JM cylinder heads, etc.

Built motor making 880rwhp is meh. I recall Dells car with a similar setup (on stock heads) making 1050rwhp at 12psi.

When you make the apples to apples comparison, it's pretty sad.

And yes they are BOTH DIY kits.

ask SVS about putting T04 76's on their DIY, oh wait..... :buttkick:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Built motor making 880rwhp is meh. I recall Dells car with a similar setup (on stock heads) making 1050rwhp at 12psi.

That's right if you want an upgradeable DIY TT system that will fit 76mm turbos in the front of your engine than your best bet is to get the Paolo Castellano TT system. It's proven itself thus far.......Paolos DIY TT was/is on Joe Dells Viper? Is that right ROUGE? 00svtdubs? He made that rwhhp at 12psi on 93 pump gas? There you have it. You guys are the major promoters for Paolo, just wanted to help you guys out on my thread, thanks.

If you don't want the turbos sticking out in front of your engine than your other option is to go with the SVS side mount DIY TT. Much more stealthy, hidden and unobtrusive. We can send it out to ANY tuners in the US or you can purchase it yourself by calling SVS. Next week I'll have complete pictures of the ENTIRE system mounted on a freestanding engine. We'll be selling kit #1 after we're done taking the pictures. After that we'll be taking orders and building a run of 5 kits. The SVS DIY TT is capable of 1200 hp with the 60-1 turbos. 80-90% of Viper owners will never need anymore than 1000rwhp :D

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it gets down to what you want. I could have had a custom front mount system done locally. I chose to go with the bottom mount setup, sacrificing peak hp, because I wanted an OEM type configuration. I don't have heat management issues and it is essentially trouble free. Any front/top mount type setup will require some amount of attention to heat management (i.e. shielding, wraps, etc.). Been there, done that...just didn't want to deal with it this time out. If I find that 1000rwhp isn't enough, I can probably fit larger units on by changing to a T4 flange (on the header) and "clearancing" the frame, similar to what I think Heffner does. I hope to get the car to the track this year. My ultimate goal is to run low 10/high 9's at 145+ as it sits on 18' Nitto Dr's. I think I can get there with my current setup on 94 gas and **** (kit yet to be installed...winter project probably). If I decide to upgrade the turbos, then the bottom end needs some work as well (i.e. program caps, better pistons and rods, maybe even heads too-although the Roes aren't too bad). Bottom line...it depends on what you want. Both systems serve a certain segment of the Viper community.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's right if you want an upgradeable DIY TT system that will fit 76mm turbos in the front of your engine than your best bet is to get the Paolo Castellano TT system. It's proven itself thus far.......Paolos DIY TT was/is on Joe Dells Viper? Is that right ROUGE? 00svtdubs? He made that rwhhp at 12psi on 93 pump gas? There you have it. You guys are the major promoters for Paolo, just wanted to help you guys out on my thread, thanks.

If you don't want the turbos sticking out in front of your engine than your other option is to go with the SVS side mount DIY TT. Much more stealthy, hidden and unobtrusive. We can send it out to ANY tuners in the US or you can purchase it yourself by calling SVS. Next week I'll have complete pictures of the ENTIRE system mounted on a freestanding engine. We'll be selling kit #1 after we're done taking the pictures. After that we'll be taking orders and building a run of 5 kits. The SVS DIY TT is capable of 1200 hp with the 60-1 turbos. 80-90% of Viper owners will never need anymore than 1000rwhp :D

[/QUOTE] well said :2tu:

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

**** is pretty neat stuff. Even the most efficient I/C will still see a temp rise as you go down the qtr. On my Z, with 80+ degree ambients, my IATs will go from 89 down to mid 60's with ****. w/o **** my IAT's would go from 89 to 125+ as the car traveled the qtr. It also serves as a detonation suppresent. It actually adds octane allowing me to run more boost on pump gas.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stock heads ????
I believe both cars, Josephs and this car have factory heads that have been ported.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ported heads on mine. awesome greg good heads, actually. so it may not be apples to apples...

JD

I think the heads are a fair comparison. I am a Greg Good fan but Jeff does a great job too from what I hear.

(of course you and I have seen the "goods" work in person ;) )