Richmond, VA Indoor Karting Event, Mar 21, 09

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the leads in Richmond..nothing her in Williamsburg..and a short drive to Richmond or the beach is just a bonus..hate to get rid of the dark glass but this seems to be a magnet on top of the viper.

Officer was nice and said if correct both before court it will be dismissed.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can imagine that tint that dark on a bright red Viper would draw a lot of attention. I'm sure the contrast of the tint against the red doesn't help at all (makes it look even darker).

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL Yep It puts a bulls eye on my back for sure...love the look but seems the "Statey's" like it more...local police never harrass me..but I don't need continual tickets...time to change

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of cop magnets, my 13 yr old pointed out that one of our Vipers had an 05 inspection sticker. Not sure whose it was but he may want to take that puppy in.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL Yep It puts a bulls eye on my back for sure...love the look but seems the "Statey's" like it more...local police never harrass me..but I don't need continual tickets...time to change

There are 2 or 3 really good tint shops down here in the Va Beach area. I had the same problem when I bought mine, I just removed it myself from the side windows and left the back window blacked out. Never a problem since. Not to mention no trouble getting it inspected that way. Let me know if you want some info on the beach area tint shops. Just shoot me a PM here on the forum.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
leeland, have you heard anything negative about TNT tinting? I have had several people say they are very good. I've been thinking of getting mine done there. I believe here in Carolina we can legally go a little darker than those in Va.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard bad things about TNT. I can recommend express tinting on lynnhaven parkway as a reputable shop. The owner tinted my 2nd car over 12 years ago and has tinted every vehicle I have owned and for good prices.

leeland, have you heard anything negative about TNT tinting? I have had several people say they are very good. I've been thinking of getting mine done there. I believe here in Carolina we can legally go a little darker than those in Va.

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I welcome all recommendations, however I have no personal experience with any companies...There seem to be a few recommended companies out there. My question is does anyone have a good recommendation of the manufacturer of the tint? Seem that that is just as important as the installer?

Thanks

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solarguard

I welcome all recommendations, however I have no personal experience with any companies...There seem to be a few recommended companies out there. My question is does anyone have a good recommendation of the manufacturer of the tint? Seem that that is just as important as the installer?

Thanks

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures Howard. I pretty much have the same exact pictures, so you saved me time having to load mine up. Nice action shots inside as well.

I will put a message out to everyone so we can find out who has the expired tags. I actually forgot to place my stickers on my car one year, it wasn't until Doug came over and we were caravaning up to Carlisle that it was detected.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have personally used TNT with great results on a few cars. I suppose no matter who you mention someone has heard a horror story. Who knows how many are factual accounts or just stories that got blown out of proportion.

Yes we can go a bit darker in NC than VA which is nice. And you can always get away with doing the rear window darker, it's just the sides the police care about really.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude