Richmond, VA Indoor Karting Event, Mar 21, 09

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Indoor Karting Event at G-Force Kart Track

Saturday, March 21, 2009 @ 11:30 A.M.

The VA/MD VCA and the Corvette Club of Richmond will have a joint indoor kart event at G-Force Kart Track in Richmond. It’s located across the street from the Richmond International Raceway.

Each participant will run two races. The cost will be $43 for the two races. After the racing both clubs will cruise to a local restaurant to get a bite to eat.

The karts have a transponder on them for tracking lap times. We will have competition to determine which club is the fastest. It should be a lot of fun.

Come on out and release some of the frustration you have been bottling up all winter not being able to drive your Viper. For members interested driving down from the DC Metro area, send an email to John Marvridis ([email protected]) and perhaps we could caravan down or carpool down depending on the weather.

This is a rain or shine event, so bring your daily driver if they are calling for rain.

For additional information about the track go to:
http://www.gforcekarts.com/

Please call or PM me if you can make it.

Looking forward to see what everyone can do on the track!

Event Location:
G-Force Kart Track
4245 Carolina AveBuilding B
Richmond, VA 23222
Tel (804) 228-0188

Event Coordinator:
Howard Burnette
Tel (804) 745-3255

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common Mike, you have to race. BTW, Mike, send me a PM with your correct address. The newsletter I sent out to you two weeks ago just came back in the mail yesterday.

Thanks

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common Mike, you have to race. BTW, Mike, send me a PM with your correct address. The newsletter I sent out to you two weeks ago just came back in the mail yesterday.

Thanks

PM sent! I'm bringing a friend who will probably race, but I'm not sure. I have to have surgery and they are scheduling it for shortly thereafter, so I'll have to check with the doc before I go head-first into some vette owner on a go-kart track. :drive:

I'll at least be there to show my support for those who are racing and to hang out with everyone (always a good time).

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What ideas do you have to determine the “Fastest Car Club?” For example, we could take the fastest five laps (or some other number of laps) from both clubs and the sum of the lowest times is the winner. Each race is eight minutes and a transponder tracks the time for every lap. Each person will run two races.

We will race eight carts at a time. We could mix it up with four VCA members and four Corvette Club members or each club could run together. Do you have a preference? So far the Corvette Club of Richmond has 15 who have committed to participate. This is a large club (about 350 members). We could be outnumbered. We have something like 125 in VA/MD VCA so we’re going to have to make up for quantity with quality.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there. Probably bring some friends.

Is Lee coming with you? If so, tell him to leave that mint condition vette at home this time!!! :lmao:

What ideas do you have to determine the “Fastest Car Club?” For example, we could take the fastest five laps (or some other number of laps) from both clubs and the sum of the lowest times is the winner. Each race is eight minutes and a transponder tracks the time for every lap. Each person will run two races.

We will race eight carts at a time. We could mix it up with four VCA members and four Corvette Club members or each club could run together. Do you have a preference? So far the Corvette Club of Richmond has 15 who have committed to participate. This is a large club (about 350 members). We could be outnumbered. We have something like 125 in VA/MD VCA so we’re going to have to make up for quantity with quality.

I like the idea of taking the fastest # of laps and the lowest total time wins (or lowest average of the fastest laps wins). I also agree with John, we can't have them throwing in some light people just to get quick times...otherwise I'm bringing some racing dwarfs! :eater:

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Lee coming with you? If so, tell him to leave that mint condition vette at home this time!!! :lmao:

Lee is coming. He will be bringing his viper. He finally got it back on the road after 5 months on jackstands...LOL Luckily Jenn (his wife) won't be able to attend with her mint 87 vette. She is a ringer at G-force karts and would have helped the vette club. Lee and i are pretty good (real good for people over 200lbs) at karting and will probably try to brush up on our lap times before the event.:drive:

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trust me on this it will take more than just light people and luck to get the fast times. For those that haven't done it before they are in for a rude awakening. Everybody likes to think they are Mario Andretti, but the lap times will tell the truth and hurt some feelings. I will be there without Jennifer lucky for us. She would be killing our average since she would be running for the Vette team. She is very consistent and faster than the majority here I am sure. If you guys are serious about winning I suggest you get some track time in before the event. Either way I will be there to do my part to keep the average time in check.:D

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chip and I will likely make Howard. I doubt our memberships are still good there since I haven't been back since the last one almost 2 years ago. Anyway, if memory serves me correctly Chip and I held our own for novices.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey what a cowinkydinky we're having an indoor kart and lunchen too on saturday... Fudruckers at 11am then :drive: on over to the local indoor Karting track. 3 laps for about the same :money: :2tu:

:nitrous: :usa:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey what a cowinkydinky we're having an indoor kart and lunchen too on saturday... Fudruckers at 11am then :drive: on over to the local indoor Karting track. 3 laps for about the same :money: :2tu:

:nitrous: :usa:

Hope you guys have a good time, not sure about wanting to Kart after eating lunch though.:crazy2:

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PM sent! I'm bringing a friend who will probably race, but I'm not sure. I have to have surgery and they are scheduling it for shortly thereafter, so I'll have to check with the doc before I go head-first into some vette owner on a go-kart track. :drive:

I'll at least be there to show my support for those who are racing and to hang out with everyone (always a good time).

Mike has agreed to be the official score keeper for the event. Each cart has a transponder and the track makes a printout after every race of the times per lap. The two clubs have agreed that the "fastest car club" is the one with the fastest 10 laps. Mike said he may come up with a high tech way to show the results on the wall for all to see.

The president of the losing club will make a presentation to the president of the winning club. We sure don't want John to have to make this presentation to the Corvette Club of Richmond so be sure to come help us prove we're the fastest car club.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard,

I have the spreadsheet all set up to give us the total of the 10 fastest laps for each club, plus the average of the 10 fastest laps for each club. We can also see total time for each club and total average.

I have it all set up to show on a wall/screen, all I need to do is find a projector or see if we can tie into the monitors at G-force somehow.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friendly bump, Howard I have had a few more inquiries on this event. How are we doing on the RSVP front?

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Friendly bump, Howard I have had a few more inquiries on this event. How are we doing on the RSVP front?

John,

It looks like we will have about 15 however not all are racing. The Corvette Club of Richmond has about 15 coming also.

It should be a lot of fun.

Howard

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on coming as well. Sorry I had to wait so long to respond...had to see if it would be possible first. John, you want to race down there in the yellow and blue?:D

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on coming as well. Sorry I had to wait so long to respond...had to see if it would be possible first. John, you want to race down there in the yellow and blue?:D

My yellow might be silver unless I can sublet your trunk/passenger seat.

Also, any NOVA guys planning on driving down? Perhaps forming some type of caravan might be nice....

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do we have a tentative list of who's coming?

Mike,

I don't have a by name list of everyone who is coming. We'll have to enter everyones name into the score sheet as they arrive. Everyone will get a track name when they get their credentials. You might want to have a column for both their track name and their real name on the score sheet.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I don't have a by name list of everyone who is coming. We'll have to enter everyones name into the score sheet as they arrive. Everyone will get a track name when they get their credentials. You might want to have a column for both their track name and their real name on the score sheet.

I appreciate the heads up on that. I just had a column for one name or the other. I'll figure something out.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger seat will be open if you want to throw one of the boys in it.:rolaugh:

I'd have to feed them some beefaroni the night before and have 'em let loose in your car. Richmond can be a pretty long trip.

Actually, I was going to try to get some materials down for the Tidewater Region. I also have some VOI chairs that I brought back for George and Dale. I also may need to bring the projector as well.