Richmond, VA Indoor Karting Event, Mar 21, 09

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, it seems like the last two times I've gone to a meeting you don't bring the viper. How about I drive your viper so we can keep it running.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have to feed them some beefaroni the night before and have 'em let loose in your car. Richmond can be a pretty long trip.

Actually, I was going to try to get some materials down for the Tidewater Region. I also have some VOI chairs that I brought back for George and Dale. I also may need to bring the projector as well.

I can actually save you some space...I found a projector! So no need to bring one down...but I appreciate the effort! :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, it seems like the last two times I've gone to a meeting you don't bring the viper. How about I drive your viper so we can keep it running.

I've got over 19,000 miles on mine, so it stays well lubed, besides you had a hard time hanging with me when I was driving down the mountain in the minivan coming home from the Pig Roast last year. What do you thin would happen if I were in the Viper.:drive:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me on this it will take more than just light people and luck to get the fast times. For those that haven't done it before they are in for a rude awakening. Everybody likes to think they are Mario Andretti, but the lap times will tell the truth and hurt some feelings. I will be there without Jennifer lucky for us. She would be killing our average since she would be running for the Vette team. She is very consistent and faster than the majority here I am sure. If you guys are serious about winning I suggest you get some track time in before the event. Either way I will be there to do my part to keep the average time in check.:D

Yeah I am gonna have to stay home. Last run again Jennifer go carting was an embarrassment. Impressive driver

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got over 19,000 miles on mine, so it stays well lubed, besides you had a hard time hanging with me when I was driving down the mountain in the minivan coming home from the Pig Roast last year. What do you thin would happen if I were in the Viper.:drive:

Those are fighten words John! :mad: We'll settle this on Saturday at the track :drive:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are fighten words John! :mad: We'll settle this on Saturday at the track :drive:

Only if you allow me to ballast your car can I accept your challenge.

Kelly and I are coordinating a caravan from Leesburg to Richmond. Taking Route 15 to Route 17 into Fredericksburg is only 15 minutes longer but is a far nicer drive and the extra 15 minutes only comes into play if there is no traffic at the Springfield interchange and on I-95 South. I have been shafted by I-95 too many times now, so I pretty much alwasy go through Leesburg.

You and I need to hook up around 8:30 am and be in Leesburg by 9:30 to meet everyone.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan on heading down with Matt, although I am still Viperless. Won't get the car back till early this week. But i'll be there.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting in Leesburg at the TGIF at 9:30 AM and we are caravaning from there. Taking 15 South to 17West into Fredericksburg. Maybe we can hook up with the Fredericksburg area guys on our way down.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, we will be attending although we are planning to leave by 10am. If you can make it here by then we are meeting in the Spotsylvania Mall parking lot by Logan's Steakhouse.

3106 Spotsylvania Mall Dr
Fredericksburg, VA 22407

See you guys down there.

P.S. I'm bringing ringers this year!

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My name is Lee Blanding (Kart name "Predator") I drove the 02 GTS final edition red with white stripes.

This was my first local event and I just wanted to say thanks to all and I look forward to attending more. It was great to meet everyone and their awesome drives!

Glad we won!

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was great seeing everyone as usual. I'm glad I was able to post a good time :) I was sad to be viperless, but I should have it back any day now!

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We did it! We vindicated our loss at last year’s Horsepower Challenge. Our best 10 lap average was .6 seconds faster than the Corvette Club of Richmond. This was a solid win. A few years ago when we did this we had to go to the third decimal place to determine who one. BTW we won that time also.

I’ll post some pictures as soon as possible.

A special thanks to Mike Sitton for the spreadsheet and projector to show the results on the wall. That really added a lot for everyone to be able to see the lap times.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good time today. Unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute to the "Top 10" that netted us the win, but I had fun anyway. Nice to meet some new folks and see the gang too! Beautiful day for a cruise in the Viper too!

Thanks Howard for all your work in arranging this, and to Mike for being a great score-keeper.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was a blast! As always, it was fun to see everyone and share the love of our snakes. I'll post some pics soon (especially the ones of those in their fashionable headsocks).

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Notice the sign on the trailer that says their karts can do 40 mph. Also note the Viper on the track with the karts.
IMGA0348.JPG

IMGA0348B.JPG

IMGA0349.JPG

IMGA0350.JPG

IMGA0350B.JPG

IMGA0351.JPG

IMGA0352.JPG

IMGA0353.JPG

IMGA0354.JPG

IMGA0355.JPG

IMGA0356.JPG

IMGA0357.JPG

IMGA0358.JPG

IMGA0359.JPG

IMGA0360.JPG

IMGA0360.JPG

IMGA0362.JPG

IMGA0362.JPG

IMGA0362B.JPG

IMGA0362C.JPG

IMGA0362D.JPG

IMGA0363.JPG

IMGA0363B.JPG

IMGA0363C.JPG

IMGA0364.JPG

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMGA0363C.JPG

IMGA0364.JPG

IMGA0365.JPG

Terry first brought his new 2009 Red SRT-10 with only 100 miles on it and then brought his daily driver which is a cool CTS-V.
IMGA0365B.JPG

IMGA0365C.JPG

IMGA0365D.JPG

IMGA0365E.JPG

IMGA0365F.JPG

IMGA0365G.JPG

IMGA0365H.JPG

IMGA0367.JPG

IMGA0374.JPG

IMGA0375.JPG

IMGA0377.JPG

IMGA0378.JPG

IMGA0379.JPG

IMGA0388.JPG

IMGA03891.JPG

IMGA0390.JPG

IMGA0391.JPG

IMGA0393.JPG

IMGA0394.JPG

IMGA0395.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMGA0413B.JPG

IMGA0413C.JPG

IMGA0413D.JPG

IMGA0413E.JPG

After the award was made by the Corvette Club of Richmond of the "Fastest Car Club Award" to the VA/MD VCA we all went to the Mexico Resturant for lunch.
IMGA0414.JPG

IMGA0415.JPG

IMGA0415B.JPG

IMGA0415C.JPG

IMGA0415D.JPG

IMGA04161.JPG

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics. Much better shot of the Caddy than I have taken. 1 minor correction. The red vert is an 09 not 08 not that it matters. Here is one more shot of the scorers.

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures Howard!

I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but my arms are sore today! Muscling those karts around the track was hard work, especially since putting the seat all the way back to make enough leg room meant I had to sit up off the seat back to get enough leverage to steer the kart.

Seriously good time though, even if my times were pathetic. :D

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I managed to get (2) tickets from our friendly state trooper(s) on my way home to Williamsburg after our lunch...(1) for nor front license plate and (1) for too dark tint.

We were discussing both prior to kart racing and I had to open my big mouth.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD tint shop (I can address the license plate on my own)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I managed to get (2) tickets from our friendly state trooper(s) on my way home to Williamsburg after our lunch...(1) for nor front license plate and (1) for too dark tint.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD tint shop (I can address the license plate on my own)

Ugh...that stinks! No idea on the tint shop down your way, but if you have an LA tint down there, they've done good work for me in the past.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics! I still have to download the ones I took and put together a quick video (as usual). Didn't get to take a lot because I was making sure our scores were properly credited (can't have the vette guys gloating about being "faster").

Looking forward to doing this again...it was a lot of fun with the friendly competition thrown in.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure about down there, but if you don't mind the drive to Richmond, Virginia Solar Tint does great work. I know a few club members have had work done there and loved it.

As for the plate, it's a "compliance offense." If you order the bracket from PartsRack and show the judge you are taking care of it, you should be okay (dismissed if you fix it before court).