Richmond, VA-Polar Bear Run, Jan 31, 09

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark your calendar for the “Polar Bear Run” on January 31, 2009. The run normally includes a cruise to see a couple of local car collections and it ends at a restaurant for lunch. Normally there are 100+ participants. The cars on the run include street rods, antiques, customs, muscle cars, sports cars, etc. from various car clubs in Virginia. The cruise is normally about 50-75 miles.

The departure point is the East Coast gas station, 13200 Kingston Ave., Chester, VA. The run will start at 9:00 AM. I recommend you arrive by 8:30 AM to get to get lined up and to get the directions for the run.

You must register to participate so the restaurant can be prepared for the lunch. I recommend you go ahead and register if you think you might participate since this event is very popular and registration will most likely be cut off at about 100 participants since most restaurants and private car collectors cannot handle crowds larger than this. If it turns out that you cannot make it you can always cancel later.

If the weather is bad feel free to bring your Corvette or other daily driver.

Additional information and registration is at:
Polar Bear Run #11

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard,

Are driving the Viper or the Chevy? I'm thinking about it and maybe even put the top down (and turn the heat way up!). How long before you think it fills up?

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howard,

Are driving the Viper or the Chevy? I'm thinking about it and maybe even put the top down (and turn the heat way up!). How long before you think it fills up?

Mike,
I'll be driving the Viper with the top down if the weather is at least 50 degrees. It often fills up about 2 weeks before the event so it's best to sign up and let Fred know if you cannot make it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are there still openings for this? I might do the drive at least but not stay for lunch

Chip,

As of a few days ago there were 50 who had signed up so there should still be openings. It's normally closed at 100.

Hope you can come.

Howard

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The weather looks good for the Polar Bear Run. However, it may be a bit too cold to make the run top down. Below is the weather forecast for Saturday:
“Sunshine. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.”

The meeting place for the run is the East Coast gas station, 13200 Kingston Ave, Chester, VA. We will leave at 9:00 AM on Saturday January 31st.

See you Saturday.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had a great Polar Bear Run. There were about 40 cars and 80 participants. We cruised from Chester, VA to Ladysmith, VA. We stopped at the Virginia Bazaar in Ladysmith to shop and then cruised to the Flying J to eat. It was a bit to cold to put the top down so everyone had their tops up. Below are some pictures:

IMGA0334.JPG

IMGA0333.JPG

IMGA0335.JPG

IMGA0336.JPG

IMGA0337.JPG

IMGA0338.JPG

IMGA0340.JPG

IMGA0339.JPG

IMGA0339.JPG

IMGA0342.JPG

IMGA0341.JPG

IMGA0343.JPG

IMGA0344.JPG

IMGA0347.JPG

IMGA0346.JPG

IMGA0345.JPG

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of nice looking cars. We still have ice and road salt everywhere up here.

Is that your 39 behind your Viper?

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of nice looking cars. We still have ice and road salt everywhere up here.

Is that your 39 behind your Viper?

John,

No that's not mine, I believe that's a 30 Ford.

Sorry you guys had ice and road salt. We've dodged the bullet on the nasty stuff in Richmond.

Howard