ride quality / tire question on RT/10

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the ride on my Viper feels like it's a bit rougher lately, especially when I get to speeds over 65 mph. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I think it's because of the tires? Does that sound like it would be make a noticeable difference in ride quality?

My car's a 1998 with 19,000 miles on it, with the original tires. I checked and the tread now is really shallow. Would this make a big change in how the car feels at higher speeds, or do you think it's something else?

Thanks for any help.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big time. And in weather like this (winter), traction will suffer even more. Time for replacement tires. Stick with the Pilots, though, unless you go the Khumo route...

You may also need an alighment too...

JD

OP
OP
A

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, sounds like it's time for a new set of tires.

The dealer said they'd install a new set of pilots for $1700. Does that sound reasonable?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1700 installed...check tire rack for pricing, but I believe that is the going rate installed.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '98 GTS and I needed to replace the front tires. I looked around and bought Falkens online. Discount Tire Direct These tire have been great and look just like the Pilots. They don't make the size for the rears. I have Pilots in the back. I received these tires in three days and included shipping. They cost about $50 to mount. So my total cost for the front was $300:)

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Sure does, when I went to new rubber thougt I was driving a Caddy, welll not exactly but ride was like night and day.........