right side driver conversion

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know of a company that sells or converts the gen 1 or 2 to right hand driver?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where would you need this done? One such facility is in Australia, where many Asian conversians were done

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where would you need this done? One such facility is in Australia, where many Asian conversians were done

my friend from Australia wants to buy a Viper, unless it's at least 20 or 25 years old it has to be right hand. Do you happen to know the name of the company? thanks

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to be honest I thought it would be in the $5000 dollar range, can't see anyone less than a millionaire paying $40,000 for the conversion, guess for now my Aussie buddy will just have to keep driven the rice burners...I've read where people have converted their own vehicles (not Vipers though) by them selves. I guess if there's a kit it could be done in the garage right??? Chuck Tator, Jon B. right???

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes, it took my eyes a while to see that the steering wheel was on the right......I was, er,um....distracted......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The motor in your Viper is offset to the right about and inch........this to clear the Left hand OE steering column and rack.
OE belted-accessories and oil lines, Heater-Air, E-brake, pedals, wiring, and more are also Right. The instrument panel is Left.
All this and more has to swap sides.....the RH steering rack comes off an Asian-market Jeep.
It is more labor than parts........

JonB~~~~:<~

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the Vette from corvette summer? If not it looks like it has the same ugly hood and light treatment.

You must be registered for see images attach

very good trivia catch :2tu:,

and you're dating yourself jwolf :omg:

:D

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen two Vipers done an 02 yellow RT/10 and a 2002 FE GTS....
Both were done for the CEO of Chrysler UK... FANTASTIC work looks 100% factory...

There is also a guy that posts here that has a 96 Mc Viper Red with yellow wheels ..He is in OZ and is RHD....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine