Rivets for Inner Fender

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I purchase the rivets used to attach the rear splash guard to the quarter panel? I've ordered some from Mcmaster Carr, and some other rivet specialty shops online, but none of them have had the right type of head. They are a blind, bulb-type rivet.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where can I purchase the rivets used to attach the rear splash guard to the quarter panel? I've ordered some from Mcmaster Carr, and some other rivet specialty shops online, but none of them have had the right type of head. They are a blind, bulb-type rivet.

I would just go to the dealer, and get the originals..

OP
OP
H

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would just go to the dealer, and get the originals..

The dealer does not list them as parts, or the dealer does not know how to look up those parts.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dealer has them, and if I remember correctly they have a large diameter shaft and will require a HD large riveter.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look up your yellow pages for the local auto body supplier. They have every type of automotive rivet you can imagine. They usually sell them in packs of 10 or 20. That's where I bought mine. And yes, no Viper tax. Take a sample to the shop if you can.
725126_2617.JPG

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have no fear the Wizard is here. :D

Ryan, the rivets your looking for are not available from DC.
They are: 1/4" Peel Type for Ford bumpers :rolleyes:
Lawson Products part #89162
You should be able to get them from a body shop.