RMS is the Header Scammer not Viper23

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou B, was accomodating jons request(in my presence)...and jon was acting like HE was the biggest and best Belanger dealer on the earth

So there you have it guys, our own vendor killed this deal to prosper himself...

THE END :usa: :usa: :usa:

That sounds like plain english to me.

Tony/Vipermad used the word "Pressure" as one of the reasons this deal fell apart after he investigated this with 5 hours of phone calls. 2BADD 4U heard that "Pressure" with his own ears.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when it comes down to it, a single vendor was willing to ruin the name of two other people ( or at least one ) to better his sales ?

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps other vendors called too, ...viper23 said he had over 70 posts, maybe others called also, as I am sure most interested parties found out sooner or later....(and these interested parties called their favorite vendors , the one they usually deal with). Why... Jon b told me he had gotten 3 calls already about the scam and 1480 price....

...So Lou B was showing his dedication to Parts Rack, with me listening on the phone 3 way call(that Jon B set-up)..
So there you have it all now Guys! If your'e going to do a group deal,it should be offered to all vendors...

THE END NOW??? :usa: :usa: :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So none of this would have happened, no scam scare, no finger pointing....None of it would have happened if
Lou Belanger had not lied.

That's about it right?

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a [******] mess. IF this lou guy said he would do it at a certain price then he shoulda had the sack to stick to his word no matter who whined and cried about it but, that seems to be a standard in business today; no honor.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never could figure out the loyalty; I spoke to him once on the phone & heard enough to never call again.

This should be bookmarked.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Accusing JonB of price fixing is pure Bull :mad:

ONLY the Manufacturer (Lou B) can price fix - and it's NOT even that, as he builds a product and can charge what the market will bare. Don't like it, either buy another product, or build your own – and he's not the ONLY header manufacturer. Price fixing requires ALL the header manufactures to "get together", NOT just a few dealers and one manufacture - sheesh... get a clue.

It's been stated more than once $1,480 was below dealer cost, so ANY dealer told this story would call Lou to see what's up. - Trying to blame JonB for an "under the table deal" between Lou, Scot, and Viper23 is just ludicrous.

If you want to blame someone, blame 2BADD 4U (j/k), but, after all, had he not blown the lid off this, $14,800 would have gone to RMS, and you'd all have something else to talk about. :eek:

But I guess it's human nature to kill the messenger(s). :(

...now we have John H, offering a DIFFERNT header for $1,480, on a group buy of 25 or so people with money to burn. Heck, since more people are getting in to this mess, I think I'll offer a silly puddy and PVC header for a group buy of $1,480 each, and give everyone free shipping too! ;)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$14,800 would have gone to RMS, and you'd all have something else to talk about.

Actually, it sounds like RMS is a Belanger dealer and was offering Belanger headers. From what I read along the way it appears that THE big mistake (an innocent one) was Viper23 posting the deal on the boards. It sounded like RMS had made a very quiet offering to Viper23 with the impression that he could come up with 10 buyers on his own without "advertising" it. And that was the deal. Viper23 didn't know 10 people or chose to post it instead and THAT is when the crap hit the fan.

It sounds like it was a 100% legit deal that got brought down because it went public and other vendors complained. In a perfect world, the manufacturer would have made that same offer to the other vendors or even "sweetened the ***" by offering an even larger volume discount for 25-50 sets of headers - thereby benefiting the "big" vendors as they should. Instead the smaller deal was killed and the accusations flew. Sad for everybody involved, including the 10 folks that were going to take advantage of this very good offer.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Accusing JonB of price fixing is pure Bull :mad:

Has anyone really accused Jon B of price fixing?

I think what everyone is accusing Jon B of, is crying like a little ***** to Lou B and getting a great deal killed for at least 10 people. Overall meaning instead of figuring out a way to spread this deal around to save the Viper community money, he was willing to break it off in all of us to save a few sales for himself.

2BADD 4U is most likely correct, other vendors might have called also. I recall in one of his posts he mentioned another well known name that he knows called and talked to Lou B. But 2BADD 4U actually heard Jon B putting the screws to all of us on this deal when on the 3 way call.

Y23KSRT put it best when saying, once Lou B got the call about this group buy he should have opened the offer up to all vendors, big and small alike. Or the big bully should have told Lou B, I'll take 20 sets, I want to pay X and I'll sell RMS his 10 sets and make money on him too.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Lou EVER recanted his denial of the deal even existing?

When it's claimed that JonB's so called "crying" was about others selling for less, and "killing a deal", I call that an accusation of price fixing. But with the MANUFACTURER (Lou) denying the deal even existed, they's no "killing" to be accused of. We can't have it both ways (saying Lou is a liar just to make Jon a goat, is a real stretch).

If a deal did exist, then all Lou B had to tell Jon in the 3-way call is, "Hey guy, you want a lower wholesale price too, bring me ten pre-paid orders."

If the "deal" was a big secret, any other dealer has every right to "cry" for the same deal, or at least ask why RMS was getting special treatment.

In all, I'm just being picky about semantics. My stance is I agree with BadVenm 95%, so why am I clarifying my take on this... who knows - I'll go sit in the corner for a few and think about it.

..but then again, it appears Lou has been steadfast on there being NO DEAL of any kind with RMS, while RMS says the opposite.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silence is deafening.

I agree. Viper23 and RMS did not hesitate to come tell their story and try to clear their names.

The others involved have went silent like a scammer in the night.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to stir the ***... but is 1480 REALLY below dealer cost, or just below "what we say the cost is so we look like we don't take much of a margin"..

eg Real cost 1000, others saying dealer cost is 1500, RMS making everyone look bad...?

I dunno. Just some thoughts. Someone sure owes RMS a big apology though.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market for headers. And one thing is for sure ... I so hate this questionable behavior (mostly Lou, in my opinion), that I will not be putting Belangers on my car.

What a joke, Lou. It looks like you messed up, and you got caught. At least be man enough to call a spade a spade and make it right.

You want to fix this? Offer everyone that buys headers in the next 30 days that special $1480 price. That is what a straight shooter would do.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad I already have headers but I know one thing, I won't be recommending Belangers to anyone.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an interesting thread! I am in telecom and I see this same king of thing on a consistent basis in my industry. When encountered, we just walk when it comes to doing business with individuals embodying these type of ethics (or lack thereof). I will be purchasing headers along with a Roe Gen 1 blower as it becomes available. My headers certainly will be aquired from another vendor and/or manufacturer. The power of tne web is just amazing isnt it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960