road course this weekend...

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spend the best day of my Viper life at Willow Springs this weekend. 2.5 mile road course and it is supposed to be one of the fastest around. 130+ on the front straight and 100+ on the last big sweeper. Lots of high end cars and 4 vipers running. Last heat of the day a race prepared Ferrari 360 goes off the track and hits the wall backwards in front of me. He drove it away but it was not pretty.

Drove the viper hard all day and then 3 hours home with lots of attention on the freeway. Nothing better!!

Ken

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better get some seat time at Willow Springs, come Sept. 5th we have our SHOOTOUT. I'm gonna kick some a** (like I did to you on the dragstrip).

OP
OP
I

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 extra RWHP...a monkey could have driven your car and won at the drags. Willow Springs requires some skill and I will have the headers and flywheel on by then. Remember Monterey in evenly matched cars? Should be a good time.
smile.gif

Bragging rights at stake. Bring your A game.

Ken

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMSOSLO:
50 extra RWHP...a monkey could have driven your car and won at the drags.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, with this quote, you're starting to sound like Brad Chang. I.e., pretty soon you're going to be telling us that only road racing is "good enough" for you....
smile.gif

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Navy">Don't be pickin on Brad.........</FONT c>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom Lover:
BTW, with this quote, you're starting to sound like Brad Chang. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom Lover:
Ken, what kind of lap times did you turn?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pav, he's running the same times as us pretty much, 1:45-1:48. there were no timers that was his wife using her watch. I'm shooting for the 1:30s this time.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SloCal,

I ran a 12.750 @ 113.25 at Carlsbad this last weekend in the
"Sled" you know the Z06. Another couple of weekends at the strip
and I'll be kickin your butt!

Ken, How much driving time did you get in? Is it worth the
trip from down here in Mexico?

Regards,
Steve

OP
OP
I

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad,

SoCal was correct. With a borrowed Rolex (you have to love car people to give their Rolex to a stranger to time with) Sandy clocked me around 1:45-1:48. I would love to see SoCal get down to 1:30 that would be flying.

Steve,

I ran 6 times as much as I could go. Usually the sessions were 15-20 minutes and I was spent. I racked up close to 150 miles on the track.

Can't wait to do it again.

Ken

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by Venom Lover:

When SoCal says he's shooting for 1:30's, that means he wants a 1:39 lap time. It's his drag racing mentality, where 11.999 is "in the 11's". I will bet a dollar that Ron, driving his own RT/10, will not be able to run a 1:30 lap.

Oh Mikey, you know me soooo well, 1:39.999 it is!!!! I'm gonna kick your a** also!!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot Venom Loser *****. (how's that Mumfoberg, watch out for Wasserloff)

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,
Were you talking to me with your response about lap times? There's no one named Brad contributing to this thread....
confused.gif

Anyway, 1:45-1:48 is good stuff for your first time out! When SoCal says he's shooting for 1:30's, that means he wants a 1:39 lap time. It's his drag racing mentality, where 11.999 is "in the 11's". I will bet a dollar that Ron, driving his own RT/10, will not be able to run a 1:30 lap.

Marv,
You do know that Brad and I are friends and I was just teasing, right? I couldn't tell whether you were just joshing me back, or whether you were actually upset....

OP
OP
I

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I guess I put Brad in there as you had mentioned Brad Chang. I have got to quit doing this after long days at work. Looks like my time for the 5th will need to be 139.8 to beat SoCal.

Ken
smile.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187