Road race slicks

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, did you run Michelin slicks at Sebring?
What size? (I know they size them differently...but 17's or 18's?).

I tried them once on my 18's but have gone back to Sport Cups (you know you need to run Michelin tires to get points in Viper Days).

I though they had some good initial grip but got used up quickly IMO.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have been doing open track events for more then ten years and have been getting slicks from a guy named John Bergett 262-740-0180. No websight but a pleasure to do business with. These are strictly road race slicks (not for drag racing). In the past 6 or 7 years I have bought 5 sets of tires from him for both my Vette and Viper and have not had any problems with them. I won't do an open track event without them. Last year I bought 4 tires for my Viper and they cost me $60.00 each and what a difference they make on the track. Give him a call and tell him you got the information from John (Prodiver) in Calif.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have bought plenty of slicks from Mr. Bergett and have been pretty happy. He's a great guy to do business with.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17 inch slicks for road racing? goodyear has what you are looking for. their imsa gt slicks should produce faster lap times than hoosiers :cool:

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, did you run Michelin slicks at Sebring?
What size? (I know they size them differently...but 17's or 18's?).

Yes, I ran 18-inch Michelin slicks at Sebring but they're so fat they rubbed like crazy. No wonder I couldn't catch you. Last week I ran Hoosier slicks (thanks Janni and Henry) and I loved them. Dunno if I want to take a step backwards to Sport Cups but if it's the only way I can run Michelin Challenge I guess I'll have to.

My problem is I have two different sized sets of track rims. If anyone is looking for front/rear 17-inch Forgelines at a very affordable price, contact me. I also have two 17-inch Purner rears.

Gotta contact this John Bergett guy.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to hijack the thread. i have 6 purner 17" with goodyear slick on them that i'm interested in selling. i no longer have my racer.