Road&Track 1 mile test

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JH is a good tuner but he is no where near the best hes just the "best known" for whatever thats worth

I have to disagree with that.

There is alot more to being a GOOD TUNER than putting out a FAST car when the magazines are around.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JH is a good tuner but he is no where near the best hes just the "best known" for whatever thats worth

I have to disagree with that.

There is alot more to being a GOOD TUNER than putting out a FAST car when the magazines are around.

true, let me re-word it he can tune/build viper very well but hes not the best at it.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, this is one needing some clarification. "Making good on a debt" is not paying cents on the dollar...

Since when isn't a settlement a settlement, Jay? How many cents on the dollar did investors get from WorldCom? Zero? How many cents on the dollar did lenders get from WorldCom - 2 or 3? Are they still in business? Yep. I'd suggest that anything is better than nothing and at least making the effort is better than packing up and leaving.

As for the taxes issue - sounds like more mud slinging to me. Since when are Houston tax issues in any way related to the VCA and/or your work for this website?

It may sound like I am defending JH and his action - and JH will be the first person to tell you this is hardly the case. The difference is, I told him to his face what I thought and gauged his response for myself.

Jay, you obviously have issues with John, but your role here isn't judge and executioner. Why not ask the members how they feel about this kind of censorship and actually listen to what they think this time around? Nobody is saying forget what John did or not learn from it, but if you can't even type his name without mis-spelling it, then you deprive new Viper owners of the chance to even do basic research.

Whitebeard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, I don't think that by banning his name from being written is the way to go about change. What it does is create a desire to veiw his work and see why this firestorm started. In the end, you could be increasing his business.

Very wrong thinking from a business prospective. And possibly from a legal stand point. I'd have to check, but IMHO, you could be on some very weak footing.

If your goal was to inject push into a problem that wasn't yours, you are doing it. Why is what is confusing. Was John judged by a group of his own peers here? Or was it a back room decision?

Bad sport, old bean....bad sport all around :usa:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been quiet on this issue for sometime and I will continue to try to work behind the scenes; but frankly, the VCA National Directors have ignored my multiple attempts to resolve these problems for almost 6 months!

I have seen many successful wheel companies start up over the last few years, all started out by building their own brand and identity (Complete Custom Wheel is a good example), my personal opinion is the name you have chosen is hindering, not helping your business, in certain circles. It would be easier to choose a different name to promote your products to those that have had significant issues with the other similarly named business.......
That's just my opinion.

Jay,

Thank you for your thoughts.......but business is great and it will only grow by offering great products, pricing and service.

Just because "in your personal opinion" I should chose another name, does not mean it should be censored from this site. I am a VCA member in good standing, have a stellar reputation and 100% customer satisfaction.

I have never asked for any favors, all I want to do is support the VCA, pay for advertising, rent space at events, offer VCA Members discounts and offer individual clubs prizes to raise money for their local clubs.

Please answer me this, can I pay to become a supporting vendor on this site?

Thanks,

Anthony

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony,
You are in a tough spot, as that's pretty obvious.

Personally, if you are a separate comp, on your own and back your products. Then IMO, NO reason you shouldn't be able to sponsor the site, and be vendor just like many others.

My opinion of course, doesn't mean much. That's for sure! :D

But there's got to be a way for you to advertise your wheels here, without using the Asterics. Maybe, you can market Viper wheels here and individual Wheels models, etc. Does that make any sense?

Wheels are NICE, real NICE. If I wasn't so happy with my Chrome ACR BBS wheels, I would be all over them. Of course, I would call you! :2tu:

Maybe my next GTS!

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post was about the 1 mile test results. I mentioned the name because that's who won. I didn't mean to start a VS. ******* contest. Freedom is information. Let freedom ring.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Anthony

Sorry, not if it is indirectly promoting this supplier. National has a formal policy on the agenda, I recomend VCA members contacting your officers to make recomendations....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Anthony

Sorry, not if it is indirectly promoting this supplier. National has a formal policy on the agenda, I recomend VCA members contacting your officers to make recomendations....

Jay from what I gather hes not indirectly or directly promoting JH.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW Anthony great wheels and I wish you nothing but the best.

I will tell you this, im sure you can already see it but on THIS site with THAT name your going to have your b@lls broken quite often and often you WONT get a fair shot all because of that name.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, this is one needing some clarification. "Making good on a debt" is not paying cents on the dollar...

Since when isn't a settlement a settlement, Jay? How many cents on the dollar did investors get from WorldCom? Zero? How many cents on the dollar did lenders get from WorldCom - 2 or 3? Are they still in business? Yep. I'd suggest that anything is better than nothing and at least making the effort is better than packing up and leaving.

Seems our opinions will just have to disagree on this one. Mine is that when a person is taken for $50,000 and gets $25,000 back, that is wrong and not "Making things right".

As for the taxes issue - sounds like more mud slinging to me. Since when are Houston tax issues in any way related to the VCA and/or your work for this website?

You brought up the fact he is "making good" not me. This is one of the examples raised as "Making Good"about this, I was pointing it out where there is more to the story, what's wrong with that?

It may sound like I am defending JH and his action - and JH will be the first person to tell you this is hardly the case. The difference is, I told him to his face what I thought and gauged his response for myself.

I have talked to him in first person too, and have much corrospondance from him stating that he would be paying such and such what he owes.... and then does not follow through. You made your decision based on a salesmans face, I base mine on actions, which speak louder than words Michael.

Jay, you obviously have issues with John, but your role here isn't judge and executioner. Why not ask the members how they feel about this kind of censorship and actually listen to what they think this time around? Nobody is saying forget what John did or not learn from it, but if you can't even type his name without mis-spelling it, then you deprive new Viper owners of the chance to even do basic research.

Micheal, don't make assumptions about relationships between people. It is easy to try and make me the scapegoat. I've said often in this thread, I am the one responsible for executing the policy that is in place, VCA members can contact their officers if they would like to suggest changes the policy. This is the VCA's site.

The facts are the facts. Things have not changed, about a month ago I got a call from a satisfied Venom TT buyer..... AFTER his car had been fixed by another shop. John could not make it run right after it was returned by the customer three different times over a nine month period. The customer finally gave up and had it fixed by someone else. Oh, when the shop got into the car, they found it did not have the head and intake work done the customer had paid for. You know this is true, if it wasn't, I could not type it here. Wanna hear the funny part, the fellow who deliverd the car (he delivers for all the Houston Tuners) told the owner. "John told me he had always intended to "Make things right" with you." :rolleyes:

As for blanking out a name, it is a standard practice on most forums, go to the TDR forum, the Corvette forum and look for yourself. A forum can decide on it's policies, you have decided differntly for your forum, that's your decision.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Anthony

Jay,

Henness*y Performance Wheels is registered in Texas and its corporate information is of public record, as with any other company.

I sent my first e-mail to the head of the VCA on this very subject back on March 24th of this year. I received an e-mail that this issue would be looked into and a response would be provided. Over the past 5 months I have sent 5 follow-up e-mails. I further copied these e-mails to 3 additional National and Regional Board Members. I have not even received even the professional courtesy of a response.

What else am I to do??

Anthony

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A forum can decide on it's policies, you have decided differntly for your forum, that's your decision.

Why not just admit that it's you who sets the policies here and not the "officers" you want everyone to talk to? I'm not saying that is a bad thing, it is your site after all and while you sold it to the VCA, you've maintained your control over it. How is telling people to talk to their officers any different than the joke of a Web Committee that the VCA tried to put into place?

Since you are the guy calling the shots on the board and not the club officers, wouldn't it just make more sense for people to talk to you about it?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Anthony

Jay,

Henness*y Performance Wheels is registered in Texas and its corporate information is of public record, as with any other company.

I sent my first e-mail to the head of the VCA on this very subject back on March 24th of this year. I received an e-mail that this issue would be looked into and a response would be provided. Over the past 5 months I have sent 5 follow-up e-mails. I further copied these e-mails to 3 additional National and Regional Board Members. I have not even received even the professional courtesy of a response.

What else am I to do??

Anthony

That VCA is great bunch of guys! :rolleyes: Dorks.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know who is in 100% control of the board but lets face it there have been some bad calls made here in just the short time I have been here I can imagine what went on before I got here.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my point. You can't say that the VCA website is run by a group of people, it's not. You need look no further than the last time people were told to "get involved", they did exactly that and it went nowhere - a complete and total waste of time and energy. How about the whole Web Committee joke? There is no committee - it's one guy! When are people going to stop putting up barriers and just call it like it is?

Bottom line, Jay runs his site. If anyone wants anything done on this site, Jay is the guy you have to get to make it happen. Doesn't matter what VCA Officers think or what VCA President wants to blow sunshine up your ass, it comes down to one guy. So why continue to push people in the wrong direction?

Jay's posts make it clear - JH's name isn't here because of his decisions; not because anyone at the VCA told him to block the name. There is no process, there is no chain of comand, there is no accountibility beyond the one guy who runs the site. So why not have this discussion and seriously take into consideration what the members think is best? While I could understand not wanting to "promote" JH, I don't see how discussing him causes anyone harm.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my point. You can't say that the VCA website is run by a group of people, it's not. You need look no further than the last time people were told to "get involved", they did exactly that and it went nowhere - a complete and total waste of time and energy. How about the whole Web Committee joke? There is no committee - it's one guy! When are people going to stop putting up barriers and just call it like it is?

Bottom line, Jay runs his site. If anyone wants anything done on this site, Jay is the guy you have to get to make it happen. Doesn't matter what VCA Officers think or what VCA President wants to blow sunshine up your ass, it comes down to one guy. So why continue to push people in the wrong direction?

Jay's posts make it clear - JH's name isn't here because of his decisions; not because anyone at the VCA told him to block the name. There is no process, there is no chain of comand, there is no accountibility beyond the one guy who runs the site. So why not have this discussion and seriously take into consideration what the members think is best?

Ouch, Michael you know better than that, but I forgive you.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we start a topic in the members section on this? I am interested to view the VCA forum rules, and how they are being applied. As we are a member organization I believe we all share in the liability and should be fuly able to view all policies and penalties. All should be above board and no individual should have "the power."

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] is on the other messege boards all the time, nice to have his imput there, he even offers discounts on parts and stuff. Is he banned on this board? I almost ordered a coupe from him, but went with Pemberton instead, not sure I trust [******] with all the complaints about him

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It wasn't a personal attack, just trying to help the members cut through the red tape and get right to the decision makers. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other weather you change your mind on the subject, although I think the Viper community would benefit from open and honest debate about people who are active within the community weather we like them or not.

The role of this website within the VCA, how decisions are made and who makes them is one of the most misunderstood aspects of the club. Suggesting that someone go to their regional President to discuss the dealings of this website is like putting someone on permanent hold.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, Jay, you're so sensative!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who cannot get into that section should not be in the debate. It is a VCA question and concern. All others are only visitors. Not trying to be harsh but that is the way it is.

BTW I could noot find any reference to the website in the VCA bylaws :confused:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who cannot get into that section should not be in the debate. It is a VCA question and concern. All others are only visitors. Not trying to be harsh but that is the way it is.

BTW I could noot find any reference to the website in the VCA bylaws :confused:

The link to the bylaws is located in the membership pull down menu.

FYI, Any VCA member can get into the VCA members only area by emailing your VCA membership number, forums username, and "real name" to Tony at [email protected]. He'll set you up.

Reguardless of what is being said here, The organizational chart has me reporting to the Communications Commitee, who in turn reports to the VCA National Officers.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not harsh at all, I just disagree.

ALL board members wish to be informed about what JH did not JUST VCA members because lets face it did he ask if people were VCA members before he screwed them?? NOPE

It should be a board debate not just a VCA debate, non VCA board members may or may not want his name bleeped out and to be honest I think the non members need to know what he did more then the members since 98% of members (and people who have been here awhile) already know what went on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang