Roe Fan Kit - Is it a battery killer?

aliga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased the roe fan kit, which keeps the fans running after the car is turned off.

Read a few posts that it is a battery killer, is there any truth to this?

Lastly, is there a way to add a timer circuit to the Roe fan kit so it kills the power after the fans run for 5 or 10 minutes?

Thank you.

Last edited:

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the first things I did to my car, could not beleive that it did not have a fan switch. works perfectly and has never been a problem for my battery.:2tu:

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend getting the timer or putting a kill switch on it. A hot day at the track drained my battery.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it, no problems and no battery drain. The fan only turns on when it senses a certain temperature and and shuts off after a certain temperature/running time. Sean can give you those details.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it as well and have never had a problem with the battery. I did recently have a relay go bad and now have to fork out another $80. :mad:

OP
OP
A

aliga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it as well and have never had a problem with the battery. I did recently have a relay go bad and now have to fork out another $80. :mad:

Just buy a 40 amp relay, i think thats the rating.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice unit. I used one on the '97 Blue/White I had last year, and plan to install one on my '02 FE. I modified the Roe fan kit to also allow me to turn the fan on manually for situations like, sitting in heavy traffic or parade cruising. Just have to remember to turn it off when parking the car. When turning off the manual switch, it defaults to the thermostat control and shuts the fan off automatically when the temp drops.

OP
OP
A

aliga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice unit. I used one on the '97 Blue/White I had last year, and plan to install one on my '02 FE. I modified the Roe fan kit to also allow me to turn the fan on manually for situations like, sitting in heavy traffic or parade cruising. Just have to remember to turn it off when parking the car. When turning off the manual switch, it defaults to the thermostat control and shuts the fan off automatically when the temp drops.

iis there way to do both, turn it on manually when the car is running, and also being able to kill it after the car is shut off, without pulling the fuse.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, run a parallel ground line with a switch (that will override the thermal switch and allow you to turn on the fan at will) and put a switch on the power line to the relay (that will turn off the system).

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, run a parallel ground line with a switch (that will override the thermal switch and allow you to turn on the fan at will) and put a switch on the power line to the relay (that will turn off the system).

Diagram please

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960