roe racing exhaust system

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 94 with stock exhaust. i am looking to beef it up alittle.looking at the roe racing side system. high flo cats. its about 1k.anybody have any thoughts. thanks

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it, outside the 02 wheels was the best thing I did to the car. If I had to do over I would not put the high flow CATs in it. Less heat.

Not so sure about letting a muffler shop do it. Would not trust them to pull the sills, pull the car onto the rack, ect.

This is a easy DIY. I will do a search, I think I wrote a DIY on this one (But it is very easy).

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not very detailed but here it is.

Steps

1. Remove the sills

2. Hit the rusty screws on the clamp that holds the turn down on your existing muffler with some lube, this needs to come off in order to get the bolts out on the muffler hanger.

3. Remove both bolts on the muffler hanger.

4. Saws-all.... Cut the stock exhaust off in front of the cats right by the weld.

5. Use heavy sandpaper or a small rotatary tool to grind the rust off the pipe remaining.

6. Put some lube, I used WD-40, on the pipe you just cleaned.

7. Slide on the exhaust and clamp it down!!

8. On the old exhaust will be a piece of rubber you will need to use when mounting the new muffler onto the car. You will need to take the saws-all again to cut some ******* off the stock muffler in order to get the rubber off.

9. Slide the rubber onto the new muffler hanger and bolt up to the car.

10. Install and align the turn down. You will need to slide the sills on to align them. If Roe does not do it polish the turn down first, it is stainless steel.

Reinstall the sills.

It is litterally that simple! From what Roe told me if you have a 92 or 93 some welding is required.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hows the sound.i would install myself.are you saying to by pass cats. or keep the stock ones? thanks

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe will send you the kit with or without high flow cats, I would go without if you can. Be warned though, those that have say it does smell a little bit when you are stopped/at idle. Heat within the sills we be better without the high flows, but event he high flows are better for heat than the stock cats.

All I recall is the stock exhaust was way to quiet. With the high flows it is louder without being to loud. I guess that is another factor for the cats, if you do not want it to loud keep the high flows on it. I have a 04 SRT Ram, long tubes, no cats, Manaflow and a Roe SC on it, amoung other things, and it is LOUD.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have some used Roe 3" mufflers for sale soon if interested. They are off my 94.

martyb

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be intrested.what about the cats.i am confused keep stock or high flo?? thanks

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 94 with stock exhaust. i am looking to beef it up alittle.looking at the roe racing side system. high flo cats. its about 1k.anybody have any thoughts. thanks

I have that setup. It's a pretty good setup, but does have some drone at 1800 RPM and again at 2700 RPM. It is also very loud.

If you're doing the exhuast, you may want to do headers at the same time. It's a good combination for a Gen1.

You can easily install it yourself. Given that the stock exhaust system is old, some of the parts will be rusted and stuck.

Alternatively, you can have a local shop weld things together for you after buying from Summit, etc. You should be able to do less than $1K, if you piece it together yourself.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be intrested.what about the cats.i am confused keep stock or high flo?? thanks

I suggest going with hi-flow CATs. I'm not sure that you could pass emissions without CATs. It won't be long before all states have emissions testing requirements. Since Gen1 is OBD-1, they have to sniff the tailpipes.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the good feed back.i do not know what drone means. is roe the way to go or is their a less expensive system as good. what about replacing headers also???

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you want a shop to do a custom setup, or you want to pipe it yourself, there are not many options.

If you get headers figure another 1500-2000.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tim bob,

I only have the Roe 3" mufflers, no cats. PM me if you would like pics.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
MY 95 woke up big time with the change,

Belanger Headers,
3IN ROE exhaust with High Flow
Awesome sound, no longer hot, stock you couldnot touch sides now I can run for hours and you can touch them, warm but not hot............
Throw in some performance rockers on top like I did and lets just say I shock all stock Gen II's and some Gen III's................but you know you never have enuff !!! SC next......... Good Luck !

R

RTED

I have had the Roe HF and 3" muffler setup for five years. I Love the sound and the added performance minus the hot side sills (ehco pervious comments). I installed Borla headers two years later and was surprise how much louder the Roe system was by simply replacing the stock cast iron (very heavy) exhaust manifolds with headers. The added volume was more than I cared for. Sean Roe recommend inserting Dynamax Cones (JEGS.COM) in the exit portion of the muffler just prior to the turn out. These are designed to reduce sound without affecting the power output. This solution was perfect balance of performance and sound. My wife and I do wear ear plugs on long rides becuase the setup is still significantly louder than stock. Regardless, would not change thing.:2tu:

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first mod to a stock 95 was the Roe exhaust. I have to say I wasn't impressed with it. I would check out fabricating a high-flow cat and spiral flow muffler system - should be half the price of the Roe system and probably sound better. Check out Summit Racing for the spiral-flow. I'm a Roe Racing enthusiast but the Gen1 exhaust system (4 years ago) was not one of their better products.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456