Roe SC 714RWHP/730RWTq M2 Tuned

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got some good results thanks to my good friend Larry Macedo! I decided to have a professional come out and put the finishing touches on my SC'er and Larry was the man for me!

We went to the dyno yesterday to tune the car and Larry performed some magic. He went through my car and checked over my DYI work and made some adjustments and changes.

The results so far pump gas 693RWHP/721RWTq and 100 octane 714RWHP/730RWTQ. There are definitely some improvements to be made with 100 Octane but the pump gas is getting pretty close to its limit unless I make other modifications.

I saw a post on another thread about Larry and I was very surprised at the comments made about him! He is a gentleman and great viper tuner! He put the other 8 cars he has in his shop on hold(sorry to those with their cars there) and flew out to tweak my car. He has always answered my calls and questions and I have never bought anything from him until about a week and half ago. He is truly an asset to the viper community and the man to go to with Roe SC'er tweaks.

BTW, I went to the track last night and made a couple of passes, first in a year,and picked up 12MPH over my 650r.

I will post some graphs when I get them. Wait until you see the flat torque curve of the twin screw, simply amazing. At ~2600rpm it has 700RWTQ through ~5300rpm. Now that is flat! The peak numbers may not be as good as some of the other SC'ers but the area under the curve is very impressive.

Larry is still here so if you ask me questions I won't have time to answer them until sunday or monday.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roe SC 709RWHP/729RWTq M2 Tuned

Great numbers! What are you going to do next to get yourself to the 750 number you are after? In regard to Larry, I have heard great things about him. What kills his credibility is that he supports John H. by selling his products and ultimately enabling him to rip off others. Larry is fully aware of what John is all about, but still supports him.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw a post on another thread about Larry and I was very surprised at the comments made about him! He is a gentleman and great viper tuner! He put the other 8 cars he has in his shop on hold(sorry to those with their cars there) and flew out to tweak my car. He has always answered my calls and questions and I have never bought anything from him until about a week and half ago. He is truly an asset to the viper community and the man to go to with Roe SC'er tweaks.

Great numbers congratulation.

I agree with everything you said about Larry. One thing I don't like is in his emails to me he calls me sir which makes me feel old. :)

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dollar for dollar spent, Larry Macedo is the best value. Many people have spent money to mod their car and get fair results and sometime below average results, they call Larry and he does his "magic" and every bit of power is released as a result. Talk to any of his customers and everyone says same things PROFESSIONAL, FAIR, 1 ST CLASS. It is easier to call Larry first and explore all his option of power: Stocker, Turbo, Supercharger or Nitrous. All his customers support him because they have FIRST HAND experience of his PROFESSOINALISM. Larry NEVER asks his customers to post, if anyone was wondering.
Cudaman :usa:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Michael,

Thank you for the continued support and apologies for making you feel that way! If anyone feels old, it's definitely me, LOL. I got up @ 4:30AM EST and flew out here only to stay up until 5:30 EST my time. Going to the Midnight Drags last night took it's toll on me since the event started @ 11:00PM MST, 1:00AM EST. I can say this, everyone at the track rallied every single time Todd made a pass since he was challenged by the local 9 and 10 second cars here in Utah. Todd's a true competitior and as long as he's happy with the end result then so am I. We're trying to go back to the dyno and extract more power if that's possible. Apolgies for going on and on, I'm just tired!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One thing I don't like is in his emails to me he calls me sir which makes me feel old. :)
Michael ...That makes me feel alot better knowing he does that to someone else, I thought Larry just said that to me because I am his senior (older than Larry) and I have lots of gray hair and he was rubbing it in.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey I hear that Larry is good at squeezing water from a stone! Great Job! Getting another 100RWP +/- out of a 650r is a good thing, now enjoy that rocket! :laugh:

Gerald

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When you say 12mph over the 650R. What MPH is it? You have 126 in your sig. Does that mean the new setup went 138?

Do you run ET streets? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

238DYNO-med.JPG

A better bigger picture is available in the image gallery.

MPH is based on my elevation of 4500 ft. 130.9 MPH

When I went to sea level with the 650R I ran 126MPH from 118MPH at 4500ft. I should get at least 8MPH more at sea level(138.9MPH sea level)

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice hp. Could you post the a/f please.

Max

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow! That torque curve is AMAZING!!! Do you even call it a CURVE anymore when it's that flat?! LOL

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Utah, congrats on the car. Definetly some serious power. Now go kick some butt.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very VERY impressive!

Larry, would you consider a stop through Denver on your way home?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

utah,
What changes did you have to make to your 650R to accomodate the Roe SC...heads...compression ratio??? That TQ and HP graph is amazing! Congrats and enjoy!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

238dyno714-med.JPG

This is with no smoothing!

Utahviper, that is one hell of a Dyno sheet! I had to do a quote so we can see it again! I think we should name your torque curve the torque straightaway or the torque flat-top! I bet that car is an animal to drive! Congrats! Paolo

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey I hear that Larry is good at squeezing water from a stone! Great Job! Getting another 100RWP +/- out of a 650r is a good thing, now enjoy that rocket! :laugh:

Gerald

Gerald, I think the 650-R's put about 560 to the ground. So they actually got another 155 RWHP. This is particularly impressive when you consider they probably had to drop the compression a bit and they are not running an intercooler. But then the twin screw blowers do not generate the heat the centrifugal units do.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

UtahViper,

I met Larry last month and I agree, real nice guy, he spent some valuble time to talk to me and show me around, and talk Vipers.

Sounds like your Viper is running great!

Mark

CNTW84U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW!!!!!Just went for a ride in Utah Viper's car. That thing is a monster,
it pulls like a mad man. A 650R with a Sean Roe SC makes incredible torque.
Had a chance to meet Larry Macedo as well, he did a great job in giving
the car the fine tuning it needed. Larry I will be calling you in the very near future.
Bob

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holly Crap :eek: :eek: :eek: Is that with 8lbs of boost or 6? That is an awesome tq curve :D Congrats!!!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Larry that dyno sheet sure looks familar. Utah Viper enjoy your car and all its power. Looks like if you don't have HD 1/2 shafts you should invest in some.
Congratulation again,

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,

I would have enjoyed a trip to Colorado after finishing up in Utah with Todd, although I had no idea you were in need of some special tuning, Sir. I'd be more than willing to help you out though if your interested?

Bob,

You definitely have a beautiful car, Sir! Apex did a very nice job and the detailed work is definitely something to be proud of for sure. Thanks for the offer to drive your car, I'll take a raincheck for now and use it on my trip back up to see you. I sure do love the awesome mountainous terrain you folks have up here. We Floridians are accustomed to nothing more than flat land and swamps, LOL.

Ward,

Todd has the upgraded half shafts and adjustable Penske shocks he can take full advantage of for the strip. Unfortunately we have a new benchmark to beat when we go back to the dyno. Now that we don't have any issues we can take full advantage of the whole power band this time around. Besides, we have helpfull baseline tuning we can use from Todd's cards.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad