Roe system on the way!

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I decided today that life is too short to not be supercharged.....or something cheesy like that. I talked to Sean Roe about issues regarding supercharging a car with 56k miles on it, and he convinced me it would be ok. So, having slept on it a night, I decided to go for it. It is almost inevitable that I will have to return to Iraq sometime in the next year, so I might as well have fun while I can. All the tax free pay that comes my way while deployed might as well go to something that will put a smile on my face! I can't wait to join all you Roe guys out there! WOO HOO! :headbang:

Frank

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,

Are you doing the install yourself, or having someone local do it? Congrats on your decision, it's a good one! :2tu:

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Socrates,

I am going to install the system myself with help from a few friends in a local car club. I do my own maintenance on the car, and I have the tools and space to do it, so I am hoping it won't be too difficult (famous last words, I know!).

99R/T,

Do you happen to know/fly with a guy named Dan Roberts (he's a Major now)? He fly's Blackhawks, but I am not sure where out of. I know his family pretty well.

GTSnake,

I went with a 6.5LB pulley. I still have to get headers and rocker rollers, so I figured I'd stick with something mild. That, and I don't want to mess with the stock fuel system. I'm sure I'll be just like everyone else and need to "upgrade" later on!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Socrates,

I am going to install the system myself with help from a few friends in a local car club. I do my own maintenance on the car, and I have the tools and space to do it, so I am hoping it won't be too difficult (famous last words, I know!).

99R/T,

Do you happen to know/fly with a guy named Dan Roberts (he's a Major now)? He fly's Blackhawks, but I am not sure where out of. I know his family pretty well.

GTSnake,

I went with a 6.5LB pulley. I still have to get headers and rocker rollers, so I figured I'd stick with something mild. That, and I don't want to mess with the stock fuel system. I'm sure I'll be just like everyone else and need to "upgrade" later on!

Hey EA6B,
You'll probably take the hood off, and will be amazed how easy it makes to work in the engine compartment.

I don't know Maj Roberts, but if he is still in, I may see him. Every aviator comes through Ft. Rucker again and again. :laugh:

I haven't messed with my fuel system yet(other than installing a Boost-a-pump) and I am at 8 lbs with juice. Water/**** next :D You could probably get the 8 lbs with the water/**** kit, and it's not just the headers/roller rockers. Also, 70mm TB's, cool looking hood pad, powder coating the valve cover to match the S/C tubes. There is NO END! It's an disease I tell ya :D :D

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99R/T,

I hear ya. It's a matter of time, money, and energy. I actually removed my hood pad and painted it myself (it turned out great and only cost me $20 in paint and materials). I had planned on removing the hood since I have heard many people thought it was MUCH easier (and with help it won't be difficult). I have thought of the **** kit, but that will have to wait as well. If you don't mind me asking, what were your final numbers after tuning? If I hit mid-high 500's RWHP and 600 RWTQ, I'd be a happy man!

:usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the water/**** kit, so numbers on the charger alone 599 RWHP/652 RWTQ, with some funny stuff 725 RWHP/852 RWTQ :2tu: My best time on the track is 10.46 at 139. The car has a capability of 9's, hopefully this year :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with breaking into the 9's! I'll be thrilled to bust into the 10's. I ran a 1.84 60' with BFGs last weekend (with just the mods listed below), so I THINK I might have a chance once the blower comes (I've found it to be much harder than I ever thought it would be). I can hardly wait!

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it from an Army Aviator, even us pilots can figure out the install! You won't be disappointed :2tu:

You really need to come down here and help me install mine then (okay, teach me).

As I said, all the beer and steak you can drink/eat is on me. :)

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to love being blown. I'm now putting in the wat/**** kit half way done. Should have it in by weekend then when the weather breaks off to the dyno. :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it from an Army Aviator, even us pilots can figure out the install! You won't be disappointed :2tu:

You really need to come down here and help me install mine then (okay, teach me).

Hey Socrates,
Did ya get my PM? There may be a get together in Pensacola! :2tu: We can get a look at the job :cool:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! One word of advice. Get yourself a right angle air drill with swivel to pin the crank. It gets real tight in there!
6316115-1512_IMG-med.JPG

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Socrates,
Did ya get my PM? There may be a get together in Pensacola! :2tu: We can get a look at the job :cool:

Oops, let me check! :)