Roe versus Paxton?

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just on the paxton, and Roe website and read about both superchargers, and it looks to me like I am going with the Roe because I dont have to plum oil lines and the ease of installation with the Roe seems much easier for the doit yourselfer like me, unlike the paxton where I have to plum oil lines. and seeing how everybody talks about the Roe it has to be BETTER right. So a Roe I will go.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without having any experience with any of these two setups, there has been alot of discussion previously on this same subject. The discussion has always made me think the Roe is better for the DIY'r, and the paxton when installed by a Tuner is better. (Based on power output)
JMO, that being said, and you stated that you will be Installing it Yourself. Then ROE is the way to go. Sean also offers great customer support, and he's always developing something to enhance his SC setup. I would feel much more comfortable with a Roe setup. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smog Legal? the Roe better be smog legal as well, as every year I have safety and emmissions test. I guess I will call roe and ask him, on his website it didnt state if it was smog legal, or does anybody know?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without having any experience with any of these two setups, there has been alot of discussion previously on this same subject. The discussion has always made me think the Roe is better for the DIY'r, and the paxton when installed by a Tuner is better. (Based on power output)
JMO, that being said, and you stated that you will be Installing it Yourself. Then ROE is the way to go. Sean also offers great customer support, and he's always developing something to enhance his SC setup. I would feel much more comfortable with a Roe setup. :2tu:

Ditto

also let me add 2 things

1. The roe makes more power at lower RPM's with the same psi
2. if 2 cars with the exact same HP/TQ (1 with a roe and 1 with a paxton) went from a roll race the Roe would EAT IT.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look carefully at Sean's website, you'll find the SC is not 50 state emissions certified / legal.

Having said that, with stock cats, I pass the CO rolling dyno emissions test with flying colors with an 8 psi pulley and larger injectors. As have 2 other Roe cars. High flow cats have cats - shall we say - problematic with emissions testing.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto

also let me add 2 things

2. if 2 cars with the exact same HP/TQ (1 with a roe and 1 with a paxton) went from a roll race the Roe would EAT IT.

Have any proof of this??????? I've owned both and don't think your statement is completely true. Both systems are good no doubt, but each accomplish things differently. :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto

also let me add 2 things

Have any proof of this??????? I've owned both and don't think your statement is completely true. Both systems are good no doubt, but each accomplish things differently. :2tu:

Well if you look at the torque curve on dyno sheets the Roe should by all right pull onthe paxton HARD of course custom paxton jobs (like yours) are a diffrent story lol

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto

also let me add 2 things

Well if you look at the torque curve on dyno sheets the Roe should by all right pull onthe paxton HARD of course custom paxton jobs (like yours) are a diffrent story lol

I know, I'm just breakin your balls a little. My car is not a fair comparison. Actually, mine or 1TONY1's wouldn't be fair to compare against the basic systems. Tony's is amazing how well it runs. Be careful however, about your statement concerning a roll on race. If someone knows how to get the most out of the paxton you could get surprised. :eek: :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone road race with a Paxton? Does anyone autocross with a Paxton?

Roes have done both.

Just trying to add fuel to the fire ...... LOL

Cudaman :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the question is what system is most limited to the power it can make?

vd..

neither is...... depending on the size of your wallet!

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
V

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how come the older vipers come with an assortment of pulleys and my 2000gts only comes with a #5 pulley. Im guessing because I have cast pistons over forged pistons I think.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how come the older vipers come with an assortment of pulleys and my 2000gts only comes with a #5 pulley. Im guessing because I have cast pistons over forged pistons I think.

exactly

not safe to put over 5 pounds on cast pistons

OP
OP
V

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was just on the roe website and answered my own question about the pulley's. and also read about not smog legal. I looking more toward's the Paxton now because it's smog legal. But I will do some more research before making my final decision

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a survey recently that revealed that three out of four girls who drove Vipers preferred the Paxton over the Roe. Had something to do with the gas pedal being less sensitive at lower RPM with the Paxton. Don't know if that would be a factor in your making the decision. :usa:

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

exactly

not safe to put over 5 pounds on cast pistons

sure it is it just has to be cooled! Ie paxton

vd..

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto

also let me add 2 things

Lets see some proof to back up your statement!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a thread awhile back where (I believe it was Sean himself) they did an overlay of the 2 dyno sheets

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All things being equal (exact same boost rating) a ROE car will pull like mad on a paxton. But the thing is that most Paxton cars have 1 or 2 more psi than the ROEs, so the ROE beats them hard off the line, but the Centrifugal/paxton catches up. Note that on some of the higher HP paxton cars, they pick up 30+MPH between the 1/8 mile and the 1/4 mile when at the track... that is b/c they are running bigger boost.

If you overlay the two graphs of two identical setups, the area under the curve is higher on the ROE. But the ROE can't do 15psi of boost (or it can w/ water+**** now). but before it didn't.

rambling again... try the SEARCH button... there is lots on this one.

JD

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH! hahahaaa.... Did no one read this? :2tu:

There was a survey recently that revealed that three out of four girls who drove Vipers preferred the Paxton over the Roe. Had something to do with the gas pedal being less sensitive at lower RPM with the Paxton. Don't know if that would be a factor in your making the decision. :usa:

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu, how much kickback are you getting for each Roe product you sell?

Just happen to like the company and the people who run it thats all.

Worship is more like it.

I had a 5lb. Roe and it wasn't impressive at all. I had too many issues with mine so I had it taken off. I'm on the list with Underground Racing for a 14-15lb. Paxton, forged motor, and an AEM computer. It won't be fare for me to compare the 5lb. Roe to my upcoming 14-15lb. Paxton; however, the bottom line is with my new pistons I will have 14-15lbs. of boost not 8-10 that the Roe offers. Do the math!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine