Roe vs. other SC's

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roe vs. other SC\'s

whipple is a twin screw s/c :rolleyes:

and yah go for the Roe DIY for DIY Roe is King

wonder why no one posted a Paxton DIY timeslip until now :confused:

Why the roll eyes? I think you are wrong to make that statement. If you look at the rotor on them both you will see a whipple is more of a twisted version of the roots blower rotor whereas the twin screw rotors look less like bladed roters and more like a screw.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are there any plans for a TT kit for us Gen.1 guy's?

Macedo Motorsports TT's GEN 1s. Its not a DIY kit though. I believe he plans on doing a DIY in the future.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why the roll eyes? I think you are wrong to make that statement. If you look at the rotor on them both you will see a whipple is more of a twisted version of the roots blower rotor whereas the twin screw rotors look less like bladed roters and more like a screw.

so you saying Whipple is not a twin screw S/c ? im sorry i think you wrong i even checked whipple site and they clearly says its a Twin Screw.

"With the Whipple twin-screw supercharger, boost is instant allowing for more low-end torque and incredible throttle response for ideal towing capabilities. Power from idle to redline."

and what kind of Twin Screw S/C you talking about can you link a picture if you dont mind.

a Kenne 2.2L cunsome about 81HP with a discharge temp of 294F and will pump 925-CFM

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Another s/c thread :(

Horsepower numbers..... bla, bla.

Roe s/c and water/mth: 10.16 @ 141 mph 1/4 mile with no nitrous and a crappy 1.52 sixty foot, conservative tune in the heat.

Don't show me your dyno sheets, show me some time slips :laugh:

i agree :laugh: done with 10psi ?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look into the Heffer DIY TT kit. For the real world, you will be much happier with a street turbo setup. Trust me.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vandal_Mav,

The cost of doing the Roe/Paxton supercharger($7500), cold air induction(~$200.00-$250.00), flowed heads($3,000.00 mimimum + labor), headers($2,000.00), Exhaust system(~$1500.00) comes to about $14,250.00.

Cold air induction ?? Heads ?? Sorry but maybe i'm missing something ???? ;)

OP
OP
V

Vandal_Mav

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OK, Thanks for the input.

I've been down this road before (increasing performance) with boats, planes, snowmobiles, cars and I just don't want to end up with some tempermental SOB, over-heating, money trap that makes me want to sell it. Now, the car strats and only needs gas..I don't want to #$%% it up.

So, that being said, am I asking for my cake and eating too? :confused:

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so you saying Whipple is not a twin screw S/c ? im sorry i think you wrong i even checked whipple site and they clearly says its a Twin Screw.

"With the Whipple twin-screw supercharger, boost is instant allowing for more low-end torque and incredible throttle response for ideal towing capabilities. Power from idle to redline."

and what kind of Twin Screw S/C you talking about can you link a picture if you dont mind.

a Kenne 2.2L cunsome about 81HP with a discharge temp of 294F and will pump 925-CFM

Okay i did some checking and I was wrong. I was thinking of the eaton with the twisted blades. You are right about the whipple being a twin screw. Sorry everyone-my bad