roll bar for drag racing. Suggestions ?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of roll bar would I need for NHRA drag Racing ? Where would I get one ? How hacked up would the car get ? Prices ?

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTR makes what looks to be a real nice bar that is an approved unit, and Tom mentioned that the seat still has full functions.
I need to get one also.
The only one I have personally seen was one that Larry Macedo put in Fuelmans car. It was real nice, and the seat went back all the way, but did not have a side bar so Im not sure if it would really be legal.

Jason

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a searach, several of us with BTR roll bars posted pics about three weeks ago. The BTR bar has a removable side bar to make it NHRA legal (cage). It does not hinder movement in any way, you do not know it is there.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An alternate solution is the Autoform. It is a bit more expensive (almost twice as much) and it has a different look to it. On the positive side, it looks really cool. On the down side, it blocks your vision pretty good due to the cross bars in the middle of the rear view. It also removes either a speaker or the glove box on the 99 RT.

In retrospect, i might have should have looked a little harder at the BTR bar that was just coming out for the RT at the time...

JD

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very satisfied with the BTR rollbar. The removable sidebar enables normal access when not at the track, but is extremely easy to install once there. I had absolutely no issues with travel of the stock seat either before or after lowering it by 2 inches. Rear vision is not impaired whatsoever. At the local track, I refuse to race with a roof in place on my RT/10. On a typical grudge night, I'm usually the only street car they allow to run *******. The techs gave the BTR rollbar a very thorough examination, including the attachment methods, and were impressed with both the quality and design.

BTW, I'm 6'3".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang