Roundup thread deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry all, I needed to delete this thread for a few reasons, and wanted to explain the reasons. I hate making decisions like this, and certainly don't want to seem "arbitrary".

1) I'm maintaing consistency with the rest of the TX regions
2) There was a lot of confusion between this being a car event, vs. a VCA event. I will explain more:

I saw a few posts around "non-VCA event posting not allowed" While technically true, I think no one cares about an event that can not be confused with a VCA event so we all turn a blind eye (dinner with friends, car show, drag night with a few buds), no one cares. What we WANT to avoid is people assuming/confusing an event with a VCA event. My analogy is this: does McDonalds go after a hardware store named McDonalds for TM violations, or do they reserve that for the hamburger joint named MacDowells with golden arcs (queue in coming to America...)? No, they just don't want people assuming McDowells is McDonalds, for obvious reasons, quality, and liability are the key ones that work in our real world situation here.

As a non-VCA event, our VCA insurance does NOT cover the club or you from a liability standpoint. Also, I can not ensure that a Non-VCA event will be a "quality" event (this particular event WILL be a quality event, I don't want to disparage it in any way). I can not ensure that only VCA members benefit from VCA dollars being used. Also, I can not ensure a non-VCA event will abide by the confidentiality, non-compete , or non-personal benefit clauses, that we all must sign as Club Presidents.

I apologize if this makes it painful on you, I think the roundup will be a great event, but as business people, I'm hopeful you understand my reasoning on this one.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth