RSI 76 GTS TT vs. RSI GT35R (63 mm with 1.06 a/r) TT Dyno Comparison

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to analyze and compare dyno graphs from a "typical" TT set-up to a "not so typical" TT set-up.

A good friend of mine just got his TT beast done by RSI just recently. His mods include GT35R turbo's with 1.06 a/r, fully built motor, fully done heads, G-force, Mark Williams, etc... My car on the other hand has twin 76GTS turbo's and all the supporting mods (too many to list here).

The following is a comparo graph to show what both cars are doing at 15-16 psi. Of course the 76 GTS car (my car) picks up more power per psi than the GT35R car and has the ability to make over 1,500 rwhp whereas the GT35R car is maxed out around 1,200 rwhp. Also, the 76GTS turbo's are just beginning to stretch their legs at 15-16 psi... Nonetheless I thought it was very impressive to see how LITTLE difference there is in spool b/w the two set-ups even though my turbo's are 13 mm bigger on the compressor side and much bigger on the turbine side as well. Just goes to show you how efficient the RSI TT custom package I have on my car really is. Enjoy...

Peter

p.s. the dip in the GT35R cars graph has to do with the fact that it spun the Michelin's on this dyno run...

You must be registered for see images

Here is a 25 psi pull on the RSI custom front mount kit at 25 psi:

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER D - lol, my car does not have one, and i'm not planning on putting one on, however, if we end up drag racing it, then we'll put one on the car. They sure are pumping out some serious cars lately! Kudos to RSI! :)
Peter

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go - uhhhh, lol, HELL YES!!! :laugh: Thanks for responding, i'm actually disappointed in the response this thread has gotten as I figured there would be more Viper owners interested in TT kits and the benefits/drawbacks of the turbo sizes.
Peter

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, there is a 4 page thread on the alleey. How much more do you want?

same conversation again over here?

your car is cool. we all give you that. but i don't want to talk about it twice...

JD

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, no need to be a dick. The FACT remains that only a SMALL percentage of the ppl on this board visit the Alley. I'm not asking for confirmation that my car is cool, I know that already, all I was doing was trying to stimulate the minds of those ppl that have interest in or are on the cuff of a TT system.
Peter

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't trying to be a dick. I guess it came naturally today. ;)

The TT setup is a sweet one. And comparing graphs, spool rates, etc.. is also quite cool. On this board, a lot of people won't know what we are talking though.

What would be really interesting is to take a TT graph and overlay, say, 14lb of turbo boost with 14lb of ROE boost with 14lb of Paxton/DLM boost. Of course, the SC's take power to make power, but the area under the curves would definitely be telling.

JD

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, no worries, thanks for the response. You are 100% correct though, it would be great to see how these compare to S/C graphs. I'll see if I can track some down on the RSI dyno.
Peter

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some of the raw dynojet files from a Paxton SC viper(my own). If you can get the TT file, I can open them both and overlay them. i bet i can also get the dyno operator to give me the one from one of the ROE cars.

This could be interesting!

JD

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will assume that the gt35's are garret units and the 76's are something like turbonetics, innovative, etc...

Put on some GT42's(Garret) then see how much power you make. And how fast they can spool up compared to the 76's.

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the suggestion of Joseph Dell I went ahead and pulled a paxton s/c graph at 15-16 psi to compare it to my 15-16 psi graph. As an after thought, I should have also compared the s/c graph to the GT35R graph, maybe i'll do that this weekend. As you look at the graph, remember the dyno operator hit the gas on the s/c car much sooner than on mine. Enjoy:

Peter

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
peter are your turbo specs

GT35R’s .70 and 106+ housings????? also are you using a AEM to mannage all that boost (25psi)

vd..

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMMMM Peter, nice numbers, actually insane! :2tu:
Now, make the Supra Single Turbo so it can keep up. Good luck and hope to get some advice when I get the turbo kit for the Viper...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool!

1st thing I notice is that peak tq is a little lower in the RPM scale than the turbo. but the turbo crushes the paxton! dang!

I wonder if my procharger graph will look like that... hum...

But the TT spools quite nicely. seems very usable!

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang