RT/10 Hardtop questions?

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please chime in if you can help this decision process. I'm between a number of roof options from a used Mopar to the Vipermania double bubble with fake air scoop. There is a dearth of pix on their website though. So... it would really be great if you could:
1. Post any pix of your Vipermania tops
2. Especially the new tinted see-through plexiglass top. What the heck does it look like ON the car???? Can't tell much from that interior shot on their website.
3. Offer your experiences of hard tops on RT's. Note, primarily interested in Gen II 97 or later, and looking for ease of installation, watch-outs, problem areas, etc.

Any feedback appreciated - trying to satisfy hard top requirement for Viperdays, primarily, but aesthetics and functionality are important when spending this much dough! :)

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked for the same reason. Since I always drive her '*******' I chose to rent one at the track. Archer rents them so save your $$$$ for mods ;)

Bill

OP
OP
A

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! :ooo: I didn't know that! Any chance you'd get down there and they wouldn't have one for your car? I understand the mounting procedure is different for pre- and post-97? Hate to miss out on Viperdays for lack of a top.
Still interested in anyone's ideas about which is best. I'm particularly interested in the new tinted top from VM!

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called ahead and reserved one. Told them it was for a 98, got there, they slapped it on and away I went. It was even red!

You can even ask the other people attending Viper Days about borrowing their top if you will be running different classes than they will. With my wife driving in the intermediate class :D and me in the beginner class :eek: that didn't work for us

Sorry can't help you about the other tops but I think the VM top requires drilling a couple of holes in the front under the cowl

Bill

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get your top toss a towel over the windshield frame during installation. It will keep it from scratching the frame. It also is handy to keep the towel in the trunk since many tops leak somewhat.

I wish I'd have thought of the towel 90,000 miles ago.

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally had the stock OEM mopar top, then went to a Vipermania top with the built in roof scoop, then went back to the OEM mopar top with a slight mod. Basically, I bought a used top, modified a roof scoop from Bobby Archer Racing and had it molded onto the top. I'd be more than to post it but I don't have a web site to store the source image. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a few jpeg images of the finished look.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a vipermania top with the scoop in perfect condition, the
color now is metallic graphite, it would cost about $150 to have
painted. new is about $3500, i'll sell mine for $1900. top works
great by the way. email me at [email protected] if your still
looking.

tom